• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spark

Global Moderator
Not bad from Team GB in the pool as a whole with 1 gold and 4 silvers, three of them by the slimmest of margins. Hopefully we can see a few stronger female swimmers come through in the next Olympic cycle as well, although always going to be hard to compete with Australia + US
I now see that Peaty has broken his silence too re: WADA's handling of the Chinese positive tests. That story is far from done IMO.

Ali TT

International Regular
Does GB do basketball at all? I'd have thought it would be pretty popular over there but I can't recall seeing them feature much, if at all, in international competition, or hear much about anyone from the UK making it to the NBA (albeit I'm a very casual observer tbf).
The fact there's a TikTok account that goes around the UK to rate the (lack of) quality of public basketball courts probably says it all. I think quite a few people play it but it's only on the periphery of public consciousness.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact there's a TikTok account that goes around the UK to rate the (lack of) quality of public basketball courts probably says it all. I think quite a few people play it but it's only on the periphery of public consciousness.
They’ve had a few NBA players but most are children of immigrants or temporary residents

Luol Deng was a Sudanese refugee who now supports basketball in that country

OG Anunoby moved to the USA when he was 4 but now owns a stake in the London team

Generally a few years behind other European countries in terms of development but popularity is exploding everywhere so will probably do so in UK

Coronis

International Coach
They’ve had a few NBA players but most are children of immigrants or temporary residents

OG Anunoby moved to the USA when he was 4 but now owns a stake in the London team

Generally a few years behind other European countries in terms of development but popularity is exploding everywhere so will probably do so in UK
I blame that yucky soccer.

Molehill

International Captain

I wouldn't bet on it. There's coverage of the NBA behind paywalls (and not popular ones either) but it's just not something that really ever gets mentioned here. Club Football is just so dominant.

Molehill

International Captain
The French crashing on the opening bike ride looks like it's handed GB a gold. Probably would've been a close battle (especially having seen how good the second GB man was), but this almost looks done and dusted now.

Or maybe not....

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
What a disappointing final leg. Can't help thinking doing the cycling on your own really takes its toll.