• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Brook's side

International Regular
Who would win if it was an open competition for these same 4 events? I can't see the blokes being better than these.

Coronis

International Coach
Who would win if it was an open competition for these same 4 events? I can't see the blokes being better than these.
Go check out the men’s Floor and Vault from their all round earlier for a direct comparison. They’re the only two they share. Apparently according to some random article I find though: “Not only that, but women’s floor routines often include dance moves (often to music) in order to showcase their artistry, while men's floor routines are typically about showcasing strength. On the vault, men usually have their tables at a higher height as well.”

I don’t think there’s any doubt women would be more impressive on the balance beam.

Idk enough about gymnastics or the uneven bars in general to make a direct comparison.

Ali TT

International Regular
There's also a pedophile child rapist playing for the Netherlands Olympic beach volleyball team. And the damn corrupt Europeans running the IOC really want to make us think it's okay, and cover it up so that we'll forget about it.

Honestly the whole Olympics just seems sour and under a cloud.
Does it? Or is that just what you're hearing in the US because the team hasn't really hit its stride yet so the media are filling time with the negative stories? There are always going to be **** things that happen at the games but as the last Olympics was held mostly in half empty stadia with huge question marks about whether it should even take place at all, this is a far happier event.

Ali TT

International Regular
Go check out the men’s Floor and Vault from their all round earlier for a direct comparison. They’re the only two they share. Apparently according to some random article I find though: “Not only that, but women’s floor routines often include dance moves (often to music) in order to showcase their artistry, while men's floor routines are typically about showcasing strength. On the vault, men usually have their tables at a higher height as well.”

I don’t think there’s any doubt women would be more impressive on the balance beam.

Idk enough about gymnastics or the uneven bars in general to make a direct comparison.
And of course the 4 events the men do that the women don't.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I genuinely feel these gymnasts enjoy watching outstanding performances from other performers. Great to see.
Except actually from biles who didn't applauded andrade after her final performance. Andrade on the other hand jumped and cheered biles when she landed her final vault which even though it meant she was likely to lose out on the gold. Biles could of at least gone to give her a hug after but I watched for ten minutes and she didn't once go over to her. Was odd.

Brook's side

International Regular
Except actually from biles who didn't applauded andrade after her final performance. Andrade on the other hand jumped and cheered biles when she landed her final vault which even though it meant she was likely to lose out on the gold. Biles could of at least gone to give her a hug after but I watched for ten minutes and she didn't once go over to her. Was odd.
She clapped after her routine.
Lee gave her like a hug or a smile or something. Bear in mind Biles was about to go up.
I did think the 3 of them could have gone round together afterwards, but they had their national flags so I guess it wouldn't have worked.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I listened to the gymnastics on the radio then watched the last half hour. Sunisa Lee is great and andrade did incredible but Simone taking on and nailing the high difficulty vault in the first apparatus was the difference.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I listened to the gymnastics on the radiothen watched the last half hour. Sunisa Lee is great and andrade did incredible but Simone taking on and nailing the high difficulty vault in the first apparatus was the difference.
Have I woken up in 1952?