• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metro Bank One Day Cup

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Setting off to Blackpool in a min, bit late thanks to wife sleeping in. Lancs batting second and Rocky Flintoff makes his debut.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well that was some match. Lancs should have got home but they didn’t. Classical Keaton Jennings ton

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Just from looking at the scorecard it seems that Matt Parkinson may have had a point to prove against his former teammates.

I went to Welbeck where another seemingly under-par first innings score was defended through a mixture of decent bowling and brainless batting. Points of wider interest:

- the crowd was very good, almost at capacity of an (admittedly not very large) ground. Having been to Welbeck before I doubt the crowd would have been much bigger had both teams been at full strength. It would appear that the 50 over crowd attends as much for the occasion as the players as does the Hundred crowd.

- two men were pulled from the crowd, spoken to at great lengths by stewards and then left the ground. As they had been completely unobtrusive (at least to me, sitting a short distance away) up the that point, I could only assume that they were spotting for bookmakers - giving details of the play ahead of the stream. I had heard of this before but never seen it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just from looking at the scorecard it seems that Matt Parkinson may have had a point to prove against his former teammates.

I went to Welbeck where another seemingly under-par first innings score was defended through a mixture of decent bowling and brainless batting. Points of wider interest:

- the crowd was very good, almost at capacity of an (admittedly not very large) ground. Having been to Welbeck before I doubt the crowd would have been much bigger had both teams been at full strength. It would appear that the 50 over crowd attends as much for the occasion as the players as does the Hundred crowd.

- two men were pulled from the crowd, spoken to at great lengths by stewards and then left the ground. As they had been completely unobtrusive (at least to me, sitting a short distance away) up the that point, I could only assume that they were spotting for bookmakers - giving details of the play ahead of the stream. I had heard of this before but never seen it.
Yeah he bowled well Parkinson and was well received by the crowd, much as he was in the championship at OT. Lancs really should have got the game won though

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Dad was also at that game today, very much enjoyed the ground by the sound of things.

Another solid win for Hampshire today and another all round contributed from the mighty Felix.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
At Derby today. Will not be here long. Some movement and bounce for the bowlers but poor batting too.
Lancs I see all out for 99.

Pat Brown starring with a fifer after he carried drinks as a replacement for Brook for the Leeds crisp packets.

Lancs then massively weakened by losing their captain to another crisp packet side.

Pavel

Cricket Spectator
I saw Harry Brown for England u-19's and he looks like a great prospect, well over 6 foot and just turned 17.

FBU

International Debutant
Lancs I see all out for 99.

Pat Brown starring with a fifer after he carried drinks as a replacement for Brook for the Leeds crisp packets.

Lancs then massively weakened by losing their captain to another crisp packet side.
Can't believe Lancs could only last 20 overs. 3 games 0 points

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If it's any consolation (and it probably isn't), my lot are in the same position in Group B with an even worse NRR than Lancashire. I know we've lost a lot of players to The Hundred, but it would be nice to see first teamers like Sibley and Burns contribute rather more than what we've seen so far.

Reactions: FBU

Third_Man

State 12th Man
If it's any consolation (and it probably isn't), my lot are in the same position in Group B with an even worse NRR than Lancashire. I know we've lost a lot of players to The Hundred, but it would be nice to see first teamers like Sibley and Burns contribute rather more than what we've seen so far.
All very well that the competition is more likely to be won by a smaller county having lost less players but how long before the likes of Surrey and Lancashire don't bother thinking they would be better off playing friendlies against eachother. How much money are Lancashire wasting on two overseas players for the Metro Cup? I think they have 11 players without them both.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Perhaps they thought it was a T20 ;) Tough debut for Rocky F.

Since PB played for england in a t20 aged 19? he seemed to disapear without trace.

In the surrey gloucs game Jack Taylor was bowled by James Taylor.

With the 100 taking so many premium players, it does give chances at senior level
to a lot of 2nd XI players.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I’ve not looked this up but Lancs and Surrey feel like the hardest hit by the Hundred. Even before Jennings went…

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Yeah I’ve not looked this up but Lancs and Surrey feel like the hardest hit by the Hundred. Even before Jennings went…
Surrey 15
Lancshire (now) 11
Warwickshire 9
Somerset were 10 now 8 (baker and smeed out)
Kent were 5 now 3 (crawley, klaasen out)
Derby 3
Gloucester, Northants 2
Glamorgan (now) 1 cooke out
Worcester 1

by my calculation, ignoring temporary replacements.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surrey 15
Lancshire (now) 11
Warwickshire 9
Somerset were 10 now 8 (baker and smeed out)
Kent were 5 now 3 (crawley, klaasen out)
Derby 3
Gloucester, Northants 2
Glamorgan (now) 1 cooke out
Worcester 1

by my calculation, ignoring temporary replacements.
Cheers

I didn't even mean numbers but rather the quality of those numbers, but this drives it home anyway.

Not that I'd actually expect them to feature if we did revamp our season to make the 50 over cup a proper comp again, but the idea of a Lancs side in List A with all of its Hundred players in is somewhat mouthwatering

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Surrey 15 (both currans, jordan, jacks, overton, atkinson, topley, smith, lawrence, worrall, pope, lawes, evans, clark, roy)
Lancashire 11 (buttler, livingstone, salt, wood, hartley, mahmood, wells, hurst, aspinwall, stanley, jennings)
Warwickshire 9 (woakes, davies, moeen, hain, garton, bethell, mousley, briggs, gleeson)
Somerset 8 (gregory, overton, abell, vd merwe, ball, lammonby, banton, kohler-cadmore)

aspinwall has been lent back for 2 of their games, impersonating a yo-yo presently

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it is only 7 from Hampshire this year although I don't know how many of them are actually playing.

Have loved watching the younger players in this though, the 3rd year now and it feels like a proper side.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Impressed with Worcestershire start. We have a lot of new players but started well. If we get to the Knockout stages of this it would be quite impressive.

I do like this cup (Would like some form of Minor/National Counties involved in the future) but it gives younger or even club players a chance to impress as a lot of players will be involved with the Hundred

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Surrey 15 (both currans, jordan, jacks, overton, atkinson, topley, smith, lawrence, worrall, pope, lawes, evans, clark, roy)
Lancashire 11 (buttler, livingstone, salt, wood, hartley, mahmood, wells, hurst, aspinwall, stanley, jennings)
Warwickshire 9 (woakes, davies, moeen, hain, garton, bethell, mousley, briggs, gleeson)
Somerset 8 (gregory, overton, abell, vd merwe, ball, lammonby, banton, kohler-cadmore)

aspinwall has been lent back for 2 of their games, impersonating a yo-yo presently
Durham effectively without 9 albeit not all to the Hundred.

Clark, Robinson, Potts, Parkinson, Sowter, Stokes all in Hundred. Bedingham SA, Carse Ban, Wood rested by ECB.