• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metro Bank One Day Cup

Third_Man

State 12th Man
As I only post spam and I upset too many people which is really not my intention, I won’t be posting again on this thread

thanks everyobe who I have talked to on this thread

I hope you have success with whatever team you follow unless they play Durham

bye
why?

CartyDurham

International Captain
I only post spam apparently and ive been made aware that it’s absolutely hideous

I don’t want to upset people so it’s better I don’t post at all

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and it’s added to the enjoyment of following the cricket for me

good luck

CartyDurham

International Captain
bohannon is on 120 n.o and keeping lancs alive v Durham

sorry if this upsets anyone

CartyDurham

International Captain
I apologise if this offends, Durham have beaten Lancashire but bohannon of Lancs deserves a message for a fantastic innings of 147 and was last man out

lees of Durham got a hundred earlier

mackembhoy

International Debutant
@Third_Man were you at the game today?

Albeit you may not be like the majority of the crowd today which seemed retirement age and upwards.

A lovely ground regardless if not for the working day I'd definitely like to take a game in there.

I took great delight of hearing the announcer keep mentioning the shuttle bus to Oxenholme. My grandparents lived there for many years until recently, one long gone and the other just passing this year.

I'm trying to remember if Durham played a CC game at Sedbergh(I feel like even Leicestershire in a home game). Feels like we've played there a few times now but can't recall exact games to check.

CartyDurham

International Captain

Albeit you may not be like the majority of the crowd today which seemed retirement age and upwards.

A lovely ground regardless if not for the working day I'd definitely like to take a game in there.

I took great delight of hearing the announcer keep mentioning the shuttle bus to Oxenholme. My grandparents lived there for many years until recently, one long gone and the other just passing this year.

I'm trying to remember if Durham played a CC game at Sedbergh(I feel like even Leicestershire in a home game). Feels like we've played there a few times now but can't recall exact games to check.
Did they play there this summer or was that Blackpool ?

I’ve got a memory of Durham playing a fifty over game at Sedburgh in previous years

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This tournament is really a bit shy of List A standard. Looking at the Essex / Warks scorecard, the whole Essex attack is youth/second tier standard. It’s nearly 2nd XI cricket. I shudder to think of the standard of any concurrently played 2nd XI games.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
This tournament is really a bit shy of List A standard. Looking at the Essex / Warks scorecard, the whole Essex attack is youth/second tier standard. It’s nearly 2nd XI cricket. I shudder to think of the standard of any concurrently played 2nd XI games.
There is no 2nd XI cricket currently scheduled - other than friendlies against the likes of the National Counties and SACA. No SEC between 25 June and 12 August.

Third_Man

State 12th Man

Not at Wednesday's match, managed to see some on Lancs TV, but was there on Sunday. Majority of crowd still retirement age and maybe roughly 10% of the Durham crowd in size.
Second visit to the School this year, saw the match between the Cumbria Development Team and the School earlier in the season.
Have managed to go most seasons in the last half dozen or so years. But other local grounds in the County just as beautiful as is Allendale in Northumberland.

It's a shame that more Lancashire supporters don't take in both their matches and spend a couple of days locally in between. Thankfully some always do. Probably not helped as allegedly the coach that Lancashire rented for supporters in the first year took and wrong turn and missed the School.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Went to a sometimes dank and gloomy Sophia Gardens today however the bowler friendly conditions made for a gripping match with a dramatic finish - Gloucestershire were poised for victory only to lose their last 5 wickets for 3 runs in 17 balls. Bracey had looked a class apart from the other batsmen in the game however his wicket triggered the collapse.

Last edited: