• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metro Bank One Day Cup

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Impressed with Worcestershire start. We have a lot of new players but started well. If we get to the Knockout stages of this it would be quite impressive.

I do like this cup (Would like some form of Minor/National Counties involved in the future) but it gives younger or even club players a chance to impress as
Impressed with Worcestershire start. We have a lot of new players but started well. If we get to the Knockout stages of this it would be quite impressive.

I do like this cup (Would like some form of Minor/National Counties involved in the future) but it gives younger or even club players a chance to impress as a lot of players will be involved with the Hundred
They did well with the ball today to drag Derbyshire back after a good start. Brookes and Hinley in particular bowled well. While Home took six wickets, his figures rather flattered him.

FBU

International Debutant
Lancs v Somerset - lost again. 4 now. I don't know why I follow Lancs. I only like a couple of players. Think I will change to Durham as I like far more players and their backroom staff and groundsman

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Lancs v Somerset - lost again. 4 now. I don't know why I follow Lancs. I only like a couple of players. Think I will change to Durham as I like far more players and their backroom staff and groundsman
Lancashire will have to take a long hard look at themselves.
This year and last (at least) they have been talking up a young squad. Gidney was saying that he wanted championship alongside the franchise at the height of the summer "because they had the squad depth"
yet against Somerset they were thrashed again with 9-10 overs to spare while playing two overseas signings, and two franchise players back in the team. Thomas, Rew both 20 putting together at 150 ish run partnership after Aldridge 23, took 6 wickets. Are their much vaunted youngsters simply not up to it? Or is it the coaching / dressing room? Or simply the expectation from Members too crushing.

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
Lancashire will have to take a long hard look at themselves.
This year and last (at least) they have been talking up a young squad. Gidney was saying that he wanted championship alongside the franchise at the height of the summer "because they had the squad depth"
yet against Somerset they were thrashed again with 9-10 overs to spare while playing two overseas signings, and two franchise players back in the team. Thomas, Rew both 20 putting together at 150 ish run partnership after Aldridge 23, took 6 wickets. Are their much vaunted youngsters simply not up to it? Or is it the coaching / dressing room? Or simply the expectation from Members too crushing.
Ottis Gibson is free at the end of the season...

chris.hinton

International Captain
Tables so far

Group A

Derbyshire 8
===============
Worcestershire 6
Somerset 6
---------------------------
Hampshire 6
Kent 4
Middlesex 4
Durham 4
Northamptonshire 2
Lancashire 0

Group B

Glamorgan 10
==================
Warwickshire 10
Nottinghamshire 6
-------------------------------
Leicestershire 6
Gloucestershire 4
Yorkshire 4
Essex 2
Sussex 0
Surrey 0

chris.hinton

International Captain
The format is the winners of the group go directly into the Semi Finals (With Home times) while 2nd & 3rd in both groups play off for the other 2 places in the semi final

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Kesh Fonseka (18) making his debut for Lancashire today. He shared a 50 run partnership with Rocky Flintoff (16). Mid pitch meetings reminiscent of Clive Lloyd and Harry Pilling size wise. Fonseka's innings ended on 42 from 50 balls.

Interestingly he wore the no. 23 shirt - has Livingstone who previously had that number played his last game for the club?

Reactions: FBU

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Went to Trent Bridge today. Was surprised to see Jack Taylor bowl a couple of overs - I thought that he had been banned. His action today seemed fine and above board to me.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Fateh Singh has been an excellent loan signing for Worcestershire. We should sign him up on a permanent basis if we can

FBU

International Debutant
Sussex v Essex 41/5
Porter 4, looks like captain bowling him out ... on his 8th over

Chubb

International Regular
I’m visiting a friend in Bristol and we’re at the Glos-Leics match. Despite growing up in Devon I’ve only been to the city a couple of times and never to the cricket ground before. It’s in a really old fashioned spot, not easy to access on public transport, though I understand a new station will be opened nearby. Actually surprised England play here, Bristol is obviously a big city but this isn’t a practical place to host international sport. Taunton is much easier to get to.

The main entrance:

IMG_7805.jpeg
Current view:

IMG_7807.jpeg

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I’m visiting a friend in Bristol and we’re at the Glos-Leics match. Despite growing up in Devon I’ve only been to the city a couple of times and never to the cricket ground before. It’s in a really old fashioned spot, not easy to access on public transport, though I understand a new station will be opened nearby. Actually surprised England play here, Bristol is obviously a big city but this isn’t a practical place to host international sport. Taunton is much easier to get to.

The main entrance:

Current view:
All the ECB care about is money, more bums on seats potential at Bristol

So more likely to bid for matches than Somerset. Who'd probably lose money hosting a game.

I'd also disagree getting to Taunton is easier than Bristol living in Northumberland and having been to Glastonbury festival 5 times :laugh:

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
You watching @CartyDurham?

Not sure 254 will be enough.

But when we lost McKinney to the Lions on top of not getting Robinson/Clark back for this game after the Leeds crisp packet won last night. Then hard with a limited batting attack.

On the bowling front why Lees yet again refuses to bring a spinner on in the Powerplay and we've just handed Derbyshire a nice easy start, when to win this we needed to take wickets and put scoreboard pressure on.

CartyDurham

International Captain
You watching @CartyDurham?

Not sure 254 will be enough.

But when we lost McKinney to the Lions on top of not getting Robinson/Clark back for this game after the Leeds crisp packet won last night. Then hard with a limited batting attack.

On the bowling front why Lees yet again refuses to bring a spinner on in the Powerplay and we've just handed Derbyshire a nice easy start, when to win this we needed to take wickets and put scoreboard pressure on.
I wasn’t but keeping an eye on alerts