• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't recall a Games where the news items coming out are so negative.
Complaints about judging (boxing), village accommodation (no air con), controversial chair umpire over-rules (tennis), poor commentators (***ist and/or ill-informed), postponed triathalon (river too dirty) etc.

TBH Paris in summer these days without air conditioning would be flat out brutal.

Burgey

Americans complaining about food will never not make me laugh
Fmd some of the junk they dished up in Florida was vomit inducing. Woeful. LA wasn't great either. So much of the food lacked taste, much like my face and my posts.

As an aside, why do Americans do sushi so ****ing terribly? And it's crazily expensive. Like, the take away sushi joint up the road on Darling Street is better than the crap served up at supposedly higher end restaurants in LA when we were there recently.

Spark

Global Moderator
Boxing complaints, village accomodation (and often food), judging, commentators and poor conditions of some of the event locations occur every single time honestly.

When it was held in China everyone was complaining about the same style of cardboard beds and the food lacking protein, it ended up with a lot of US athletes saying they only ate McDonalds while there. And I remember there was like a green pool full of algae that people complained a lot about.
It's also France. I don't know what people actually do there half the time if they're not complaining.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boxing complaints, village accomodation (and often food), judging, commentators and poor conditions of some of the event locations occur every single time honestly.

When it was held in China everyone was complaining about the same style of cardboard beds and the food lacking protein, it ended up with a lot of US athletes saying they only ate McDonalds while there. And I remember there was like a green pool full of algae that people complained a lot about.
Usain Bolt broke world records on 100 McNuggets a day & amateur boxing is on the podium for most corrupt sport on the planet

Molehill

International Captain
The favourites have all found their way to the front, can anyone beat Duffy this year? She did a particularly hard swim and I'm not sure doing the first two cycling laps on her own were ideal either, but I guess we'll see.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
There was some discourse going on to try and work out what the ordering was here - some sort of suggestion that it was something like the order the 2020 medal table finished in. But super weird ordering regardless.

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like a French win, home turf and support helping again (don't think she was one of the original faves).

flibbertyjibber

Great race. Hope the mens is as good.

France and GB will look forward to the mixed race with each having 2 good women for their teams. I know we have 1 good bloke, guess a lot may depend on who gets ill from the Seine.