• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Those two results happened within seconds. That's something I love about the Olympics, that illusion of momentum and things building on top of each other, even in entirely unrelated sports. It's kind of nonsense, but beautiful nonsense.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I do think that 'elite sports' is off putting to many people. It sort of reduces us all to being voyeurs.
I once won egg and spoon race at school sports day. Its really quite a test of skill and technical ability.
I think it should definitely be added to the program. Also they used to have the standing jump at
the olympics. I was quite good at that too.

Brook's side

International Regular
I do think that 'elite sports' is off putting to many people. It sort of reduces us all to being voyeurs.
I once won egg and spoon race at school sports day. Its really quite a test of skill and technical ability.
I think it should definitely be added to the program. Also they used to have the standing jump at
the olympics. I was quite good at that too.
You can't stand and jump at the same time. They should rename that event.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't recall a Games where the news items coming out are so negative.
Complaints about judging (boxing), village accommodation (no air con), controversial chair umpire over-rules (tennis), poor commentators (***ist and/or ill-informed), postponed triathalon (river too dirty) etc.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Complaints about judging (boxing), village accommodation (no air con), controversial chair umpire over-rules (tennis), poor commentators (***ist and/or ill-informed), postponed triathalon (river too dirty) etc.
Boxing complaints, village accomodation (and often food), judging, commentators and poor conditions of some of the event locations occur every single time honestly.

When it was held in China everyone was complaining about the same style of cardboard beds and the food lacking protein, it ended up with a lot of US athletes saying they only ate McDonalds while there. And I remember there was like a green pool full of algae that people complained a lot about.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't recall a Games where the news items coming out are so negative.

The Delhi Commonwealth Games was basically the whole world (at least the Commonwealth) giving it to India, no?