• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* The Hundred 2024 thread

CartyDurham

International Captain
Is Dinesh Kartik the most stylish commentator in the world ?

IMG_2253.jpeg
and he’s got the skinniest jeans I’ve seen on

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Luxury.....I'm over 120 miles from Manchester and / or Leeds. Thankfully. The only time I've watched a ball of franchise cricket is when it was raining and it was on the TV in the pavillion. Couldn't understand what was going on from all the coloured graphics and split screens.
Watching Tammy Beaumont score her ton is the only play I've seen and it was just on when I was visiting my grandad in the care home.

Definitely a good thing for women's game but I won't be watching anymore.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
6 they've nicked Jones too :@

@Third_Man just what you were talking about the other day already happened.

Jones not picked up played for Durham at Sedbergh to great effect the other day now claimed by the Leeds team.

Is that them already up to 18 players after they drafted in Dwarshius and Brown for Stokes/Brook.

Michael Jones will replace Pennington for Superchargers' match on 26 June

This really is a joke.
Why is Pennington not available? He played the other day for Nottinghamshire (against Lincolnshire) but now he's needed to carry the drinks for England? Could he not have been released at 10.30 this morning? Unless the ECB don't value their "Best v Best" franchise
Why is there no rule to say like for like replacement, if his franchise is really too weak with just 14 or 15 not 16 players?
They replace Brook with Brown so now need Jones for Pennington. Is their inexperienced coach confused?
Dare I ask if Graham Clark is actually playing finally?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

This really is a joke.
Why is Pennington not available? He played the other day for Nottinghamshire (against Lincolnshire) but now he's needed to carry the drinks for England? Could he not have been released at 10.30 this morning? Unless the ECB don't value their "Best v Best" franchise
Why is there no rule to say like for like replacement, if his franchise is really too weak with just 14 or 15 not 16 players?
They replace Brook with Brown so now need Jones for Pennington. Is their inexperienced coach confused?
Weird given Potts is playing tonight

mackembhoy

International Debutant

This really is a joke.
Yeah Clark and Robinson both finally playing after they carried drinks last year.

Dwarshius in for stokes
Brown in for Brook
Jones in for Pennington.

They already had Roy,Ingram, Topley and Santner in reserve and Brown hasn't even been picked tonight.

Not sure why they needed any replacements with those four players in their original squad.

They could have picked this XI with Santner and Ingram in reserve.

Roy
Short
Clark
Pooran
Robinson
Hose
Clark
Potts
Rashid
Parkinson
Topley

CartyDurham

International Captain
Needed a really fast start so this set of 5 will have to go the distance, starting to go now 5 x 4s reading my post and a 6

Sam Cook another England possible bowling 81 mph only at the moment and the other Olly Robinson comes onto bowl but not Olly Robinson facing

@ashley bach @SillyCowCorner1 you two having Olly Robinson bowling to Olly Robinson the batsman ?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Game over, unless I'm very much mistaken. This one looks like being as one-sided as the other games so far.

EDIT
Should have reviewed it.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Was going to bow out of this thread as I'm clearly not watching any of it. But is there an argument that their coach does know what he's doing as he's picked up on the flexibility within the rules (if there are any rules). And will Jones actually miss any matches for Durham? Or have they chosen a player to avoid a Metro Bank clash?

CartyDurham

International Captain
This five balls has to go for 20 off green

hes going to play this one game apparently and it looks like he will be motm

green 15 balls , 7 runs , 2 wickets and a 20 odd off 6 balls or so batting

bowling another 5 green and at last pooran blasts a six and then hits one straight up and green has another

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Was going to bow out of this thread as I'm clearly not watching any of it. But is there an argument that their coach does know what he's doing as he's picked up on the flexibility within the rules (if there are any rules). And will Jones actually miss any matches for Durham? Or have they chosen a player to avoid a Metro Bank clash?
@mackembhoy is the lad for this question

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Supposedly Jones just picked for this game.

So hopefully we get him back for Sunday.

CartyDurham

International Captain
does anyone think the Private Investors the ECB thinks are queuing up to throw millions at this , will be impressed by the first week of games ?