• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* The Hundred 2024 thread

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good little cameo from Rashid. Can't be predictable against him because if he sees it coming, he's using those freaky wrists to hit it out of the park

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not a bad game but Originals really did throw that away
Yes they did. And last night was only the latest exhibition of how the bowling is better than the batting in this year's competition.
Talking of which, I watched enough of both of the Oval Invincibles games to confirm that Adam Zampa is probably my favourite cricketer right now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is impressive from Pooran. Against possibly the best attack in the comp too. Though Oval Invincibles may argue with that I guess.

trundler

Surprised the Superchargers didn't **** that up with what I've seen over the last 24 hours in T20 cricket

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Love the way Harry dropped anchor then did Harry Brook things when Pooran got out

That Superchargers side looks a lot better with Brook in, and probably/possibly Stokes for a few games too? Hopefully on the 11th as a minimum. Should do better than last year

Still hard to look past the Invincibles though

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
suprised a tie is even allowed in something so fake as the 100. i had expected the team with the most
sixes or failing that the most boundaries would be declared winners, in which case the NS wood have
won 13-12. Or have a 5 ball contest instead of a superover.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Love the way Harry dropped anchor then did Harry Brook things when Pooran got out

That Superchargers side looks a lot better with Brook in, and probably/possibly Stokes for a few games too? Hopefully on the 11th as a minimum. Should do better than last year

Still hard to look past the Invincibles though
The Invincibles' bowling's better than their batting. But their bowling is very good indeed.

As you say, the Superchargers are looking way better now that they have more than a couple of proper batters.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True story. After a few too many rum and cokes at the Kensington Oval when England were beaten by Australia, I asked anyone who would listen, or let’s be honest anyone who wouldn’t, what Will Jacks could do that Joe Root couldn’t do better in T20?

Exhibit A for the prosecution going ahead before our eyes

trundler

True story. After a few too many rum and cokes at the Kensington Oval when England were beaten by Australia, I asked anyone who would listen, or let’s be honest anyone who wouldn’t, what Will Jacks could do that Joe Root couldn’t do better in T20?

Exhibit A for the prosecution going ahead before our eyes
Root can't get a game in the IPL and Jacks scored a 40 ball ton this year.

I'd send Rashid in now.

They do and boom, instant vindication.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That may well be the biggest choke yet. 125 for 3 after 87 balls, with only 14 needed from the remaining 13. And two batsmen reasonably well set.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Flavour of the month Jacob Bethel doing himself no harm last night. Ditto Dan Mousley, eventually, after coming on as his side's 7th bowler.