• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
i'm fuming at England today. 3rd most runs conceded in a day's play since 2011. literally the first match since they skittled twice and now Anderson and Broad are out of the picture the bowling team had a point to prove. At the moment they look so inexperienced and the Ashes is looking a very daunting prospect again.
England have struggled against WI throughout the 21st century.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
if only england picked someone who opens the bowling and has taken wickets consistently at trent bridge this season...

potts has the ability to take wickets on flat tracks, its absurd how even he hasnt gotten his chance yet

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
if only england picked someone who opens the bowling and has taken wickets consistently at trent bridge this season...

potts has the ability to take wickets on flat tracks, its absurd how even he hasnt gotten his chance yet
Is it really that crazy? He's done well for the lions and in county, but he's competing with woakes, who has a brilliant home record and dominated Australia last summer, atkinson, who took 12fer last test, and wood, who had a great home summer last year and is better with the old ball than potts. I think having all 3 of atkinson, wood and stokes in the same side is a bit redundant, but him missing out isn't that absurd.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Getting a little irritated with this "grinded through the day with grit and determination" narrative.

We scored at well over 4 runs per over and scored boundaries on all sides of the wicket.

It was an excellent display of batting today. The only grit was in surviving a crazy spell from Wood (who is simply blockbuster viewing). The test was a perfect balance between attack and defence, something they got totally and utterly wrong at Lords.

Now they have a real chance, they need to make this day count by backing it up and putting England under pressure.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
And yes I'm not sure how Jason Holder is still there. It's one of the worst test innings I've seen. Though England have bowled really well at him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have never been the biggest fan of Potts, but there was a lot of talk of how he'd improved his game recently, starting on the A tour. So I was interested to see how he'd go. Guess we'll have to wait until the Third Test.

social

Not saying he’s rubbish & he does have some potential but I don’t see why Bashir has jumped to the front of the queue

Not as if he can bat either

grecian

Not saying he’s rubbish & he does have some potential but I don’t see why Bashir has jumped to the front of the queue

Not as if he can bat either
Yeah I kinda agree, Hartley or Ahmed may mean we don't have to pick Woakes for his batting, coz his rat's arse bowling isn't it.

Yet Bashir has done okay, but he needs to learn outside of Tests, not sure where though.

social

Yeah I kinda agree, Hartley or Ahmed may mean we don't have to pick Woakes for his batting, coz his rat's arse bowling isn't it.

Yet Bashir has done okay, but he needs to learn outside of Tests, not sure where though.
Only watched on & off due to the golf but one of the view comments I heard was “2nd choice for his county, 1st for his country”

Think it was Nasser and might have been a joke but didn’t sound like one

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Only watched on & off due to the golf but one of the view comments I heard was “2nd choice for his county, 1st for his country”

Think it was Nasser and might have been a joke but didn’t sound like one
It's just true. Somerset still play Leach ahead of him.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Bashir averages over 50 in FC cricket with the ball , super lucky to be playing tests

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bowled pretty well in India which is why he’s here.

Hartley will probably get a chance at some point, or Rehan.

danzydab

U19 Debutant
hartley can bat no.8 as well. but bash was looking more likely to take wickets than harts in india

Last edited: