• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t mind a leg slip but it sometimes encourages blokes to bowl a bit short. Theres real value for wood pitching it up at this pace

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
The fact bowlers are entitled to get the ball changed when it isn't hopping around corners isn't a great advert for the old "it's a batsman's game" live.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I have no idea why they didn't review it, looked very adjacent....and so it proved. In fact, not sure why the umpire didn't give it either.
I think because visually it gave the impression of going down legside with how McKenzie played it.

It's a bit like how shooters are more likely to be given out live because it looks so comprehensive even if it was missing the stumps.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact bowlers are entitled to get the ball changed when it isn't hopping around corners isn't a great advert for the old "it's a batsman's game" live.
Yeah it’s something they all look to do regularly these days. I don’t remember it being anywhere near as common to change the ball back in the day. I mean, teams still tried it but the umps seemed stricter on allowing it