• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Player of the first 2 days is the retired, non practicing, exhibition golfer Dustin Johnson

This field must really suck if he’s 13th :cool:

Son Of Coco

I had the pleasure of walking around Royal Troon with a mate about 20 years ago. It was a much more enjoyable stroll than most of these blokes are having this weekend. I played 'air golf' on the 8th without a club or a ball and found it remarkably easy.

1000004789 (2).jpg

social

I had the pleasure of walking around Royal Troon with a mate about 20 years ago. It was a much more enjoyable stroll than most of these blokes are having this weekend. I played 'air golf' on the 8th without a club or a ball and found it remarkably easy.

View attachment 40983
What do you think you could shoot there

Full disclosure

I have an official handicap of 12.6 but that’s by putting in the bare minimum number of cards irrespective of how I play

Rarely play the blacks

Haven’t played a club event in eons

Let’s say I’m a handy 18 on a good course

No way that I break 100 & probably be a lot more with lots of lost balls

Likely that there’s a few holes where I am completely fkd after my tee shot as a few of the pros barely made the fairway

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

What do you think you could shoot there

Full disclosure

I have an official handicap of 12.6 but that’s by putting in the bare minimum number of cards irrespective of how I play

Rarely play the blacks

Haven’t played a club event in eons

Let’s say I’m a handy 18 on a good course

No way that I break 100 & probably be a lot more with lots of lost balls

Likely that there’s a few holes where I am completely fkd after my tee shot as a few of the pros barely made the fairway
Given that Japanese guy shot 91, if the conditions were the same I'd say I would be well above 100.

social

See Adam Scott is -5 on his round today
Rahm played superbly yesterday as he shot under par in the worst of conditions when Scott was +7

Lowry has obviously been excellent but has played at the easiest time

Definitely luck of the draw at times with links golf

CartyDurham

International Captain
Rahm played superbly yesterday as he shot under par in the worst of conditions when Scott was +7

Lowry has obviously been excellent but has played at the easiest time

Definitely luck of the draw at times with links golf
Definitely

I’m going to start watching from when the last three pairs are out. Just following on score apps currently