• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Yeah it’s something they all look to do regularly these days. I don’t remember it being anywhere near as common to change the ball back in the day. I mean, teams still tried it but the umps seemed stricter on allowing it
Yeah it's become more prominent very recently.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Yeah it’s something they all look to do regularly these days. I don’t remember it being anywhere near as common to change the ball back in the day. I mean, teams still tried it but the umps seemed stricter on allowing it
Wonder if they'll have to bring in a rule limiting how many times a fielding side can ask to have the ball changed during an innings? Gradually creeped in to the game so it's now a standard tactic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Atkinson's bouncer is hard to read. Unlike a Woakes where you see the ball all the way.
Looks like he’s got an unusual trajectory in general. Seems the sort of bloke it would take a while to get used to.

these tactics are itstl 22 overs into the innings. Got it done though. Brathwaite will be pissed about that

BazBall21

Kraigg (like all WI batters who grew up in the 2000s) is vulnerable v the short ball. They are front foot players due to the wickets becoming sluggish in that period. Brathwaite has low hands and rigid grip/body agility too.

BazBall21

Looks like he’s got an unusual trajectory in general. Seems the sort of bloke it would take a while to get used to.

these tactics are itstl 22 overs into the innings. Got it done though. Brathwaite will be pissed about that
Different to John Snow overall but something about the early process of his delivery stride reminds me of him and he has a very compact action like Snow too. Snow could disturb batsmen with bounce off a variety of lengths.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Afternoon/morning all

not seen much today but I did see the last wicket and think England and Bashir got a bit lucky on a potential no ball