• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Yep yet another ridiculous dismissal from him.

This England side doesn't like scoring big hundreds consistently. It's a real problem that we fall foul of against Ind/Aus.

Ain't winning the Ashes if they don't sort it out

Crawley and Brook since the beginning of 2023 have 2 tons and 15 half centuries between them. Appalling conversion rates.

But the Captain, Coach and MD probably don't care cos were saving cricket apparently.
Our batting was very sloppy in those fateful first two ashes tests last year. The high variance style doesn't lend itself to output maximisation but there's still a place for wise selection in an attacking culture and you need to score big hundys in Australia. Hope Pope goes really big here.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I’ll whisper this so not to jinx it but I think Stokes is pacing his innings perfectly so far

started with 2 off 17 balls but now going at nearly four an over

CartyDurham

International Captain
Waking up with calf muscle cramp in the middle of the night is a killer
That’s what made me find out about magnesium tablets . It’s prevented that happening again

to be fair im not a top class international sportsman just an over the hill human

Howe_zat

Audio File
I know the quick start approach of England's batting lineup lends itself to more consistently mid partnerships while a traditional approach leads to more rocks or diamonds. But the minimum partnership being 37 following the first over of the day really does make the decision to put England in look pretty inexcusable. If you're wary of being skittled again, take the best of the conditions, you're more likely to get it together on a sunny first morning than when you're trying to respond to 400+.