• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
When West Indies beat Australia they had Chanderpaul, Sinclair and Roach in the side. If thats made such a difference why dont they bring back the first two? (I know Roach is injured)
They think sinclair is a bowling all-rounder competing with motie (no idea why, he's not) and chanderpaul had a horrible series vs india and was out of form in the recent 4 day stuff, so they went with Louis instead who top scored in the aforementioned 4 day comp.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing 5 matches in a FC season doesn't make great a batter. The red ball season should be at least 10 games per season. If I was a millionaire, I'd be pumping money into our FC structure.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
So who comes in for Woakes, sorry Anderson? Potty or Penny?
Bash didnt make a run, take a wkt or a catch. Quiet first test in england for him.

SillyCowCorner1

I'm sure i'm not the only one thinking he's gonna be your biggest weapon for some years to come.
I share this sentiment here as well. I grew up with this lad. We toured together Bourda when we went to play in the under-15 national championship (circa 2003). He didn't play (neither did I), because he was 8 or 9, but the club saw in him his determination-- our waterboy (along with me). At practice he was always behind the keeper retrieving the balls that went passed the gloveman. He is old school, because our club is old school. We've produced decent spinners: Bishoo and Permaul, but he was more talented than both of them.

Isura

U19 Captain
Alz Joseph needs to be dropped permanently. He gives up runs quickly and doesn't take wickets. Now a good combo for success.

SillyCowCorner1

Need a decent A programme too.
Yes, this is no mystery. I remember a time in the early 2000s when we invited the Bangladesh A team and the Kenya team to play in our domestic FC competition.

It's an interesting idea to have more established cricketing nations host A teams in their domestic competitions. This could provide valuable experience and exposure for emerging players. However, the reality is that the rise of T20 leagues around the world has created a highly competitive environment.

Balancing the schedules and interests of players who participate in various T20 leagues with the needs of national teams and domestic competitions is a complex challenge. The financial incentives and popularity of T20 cricket have significantly impacted the traditional formats of the game. Nonetheless, fostering international cooperation and providing opportunities for A teams could still be a beneficial step for the growth of cricket globally.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
pretty sure West Indies A has become more active in the past 12 months, touring Bangladesh and South Africa.

all these suggestions are just band aids tho. call up the white ball players, pick Sinclair, Shamar will acclimatise blah blah blah

until West Indian governance improves (never gonna happen) and ICC funds are distributed more fairly (never gonna happen) the West Indies will continue to flounder.