• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sucks the Windies couldn't put up more of a fight. This is the second time in three years I've had Saturday Lord's tickets and the game hasn't made it that far. Will never get to see Jimmy run in again.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Regulation terrible Windies batting performance with players continually going after balls that can be left alone

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Motie was impressive. Smith batted well with the tail which Foakes couldnt
really do it seems and has looked competent as a keeper so far.
Only Brook got himself out. He 'only' averages 40 at home, 90 away.
Yet to score a 100 in a home test. We want more!

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Regulation terrible Windies batting performance with players continually going after balls that can be left alone
Not only that but half heartedly patting back driveable balls, no rotation of strike. No intent whatsoever, I'd honestly rather we got bowled out for 150 off 30 or 40 overs and someone counterattacked and at least gave bowlers something to think about.

This has been so weak.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had some 🌿 this evening and went to a point where I saw play end at stumps tomorrow…Joshua da Silva cracks the fastest triple century, Motie blocked his way to 125*(325)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Jimmy started against a poor Zimbabwe side and ends against a weaker West Indies team. The bit in the middle wasn't too bad either.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So England are really going to drop a guy that took 3-37 off 20.4 overs lol
I was on board with dropping Anderson being dropped initially, but after seeing how he bowled for lancs and in this test I'm not so sure. Also, what's the point of retiring Anderson early for the ashes if your just bringing in woakes instead? Anderson keeping one end quiet and taking the occasional wicket sounds great with stokes bowling and guys like jofra/wood/Atkinson to hold up an end, woakes is a fodder bowler away from home.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was on board with dropping Anderson being dropped initially, but after seeing how he bowled for lancs and in this test I'm not so sure. Also, what's the point of retiring Anderson early for the ashes if your just bringing in woakes instead? Anderson keeping one end quiet and taking the occasional wicket sounds great with stokes bowling and guys like jofra/wood/Atkinson to hold up an end, woakes is a fodder bowler away from home.
I think Anderson probably could have had the summer if he wanted but decided if this was the way they wanted to go he’d rather move aside now and retire at Lord’s.

Woakes won’t tour next winter and I would suspect he may struggle to get a place in the side next summer when they accelerate the Ashes planning. But I think Woakes is just happy to keep playing until not selected.

I guess what I’m saying is there’s no difference really but they won’t ‘drop’ Anderson so wanted to give him the send off. Woakes just gets the normal treatment.

Thats my take; could be wrong - but I’d be shocked if Woakes ever played another away Test.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
TBF, winning a test in Aus for the first time in 14 or 15 years would be fantastic for your guys and really cute. Which test do you think you'll win to make it 4-1 our way instead of your usual duck egg?
A great reply, I have no comeback :laugh:

Cap doffed

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Our bowling performance was on point today, dismissing England for 371. However, our batting lineup decided to play hide and seek, turning what could have been a showcase into a cringe fest.
It doesn't help at all that they had no preparation coming into this game other than a typical joke hit around for 3 days. Sure, I don't see a lot of quality in the middle order, but when you are giving a go to blokes who have barely played much first class cricket at all and are being picked presumably on potential, it is a tough ask to expect them to front up in challenging batting conditions against guys who have had first class preparation. Louis and Athenaze look to have some potential, but I'm not sure there is much of an answer apart from that.