• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Bumrah the best cricketer India has ever produced?

Is jasprit bumrah the best cricketer india has ever produced?

• Total voters

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Not really. India have played 61 Tests since Bumrahs debut. He has only played in 59% of them. Only a tard would try argue that playing 59% of games was a good sign of longevity.

The stats of the 5 other guys at the top include one guy who retired 3 years ago, one that made his debut 3 years after Bumrah and 2 spinners where only one will play in most away Tests.
More than I thought

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
Perth, Adelaide Day night, Brisbane.

Yeah India could be 3 down before even getting to MCG and SCG.
naah aus are not that strong especially with bumrah in the mix. they lost to a pretty poor wi team at the gabba and you cant forget 21. the indian bowling will be stronger than that.

Sunil1z

International Regular
naah aus are not that strong especially with bumrah in the mix. they lost to a pretty poor wi team at the gabba and you cant forget 21. the indian bowling will be stronger than that.
A lot of things went our way in 20-21 to win in Australia. We won’t be that lucky everytime
Only positive is that Australian team might also be in decline currently.

PaulLennon

U19 Debutant
A lot of things went our way in 20-21 to win in Australia. We won’t be that lucky everytime
Only positive is that Australian team might also be in decline currently.
yeah but the indian team will be stronger too this time.

i can see the first three tests going 2-1 either way.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
More than I thought
Apologies ankiti. Whilst I was disagreeing with your use of stats here and quoting you, that one particular comment was not directed at you. It was for one particular "special" poster on here.

With regards to Bumrah I'm not trying to throw any shade on his achievements. White ball he really doesn't have much left to prove. Maybe just needs to play a few more years without letting his standards drop off too much and it will be tough to argue he isn't the best Indian cricketer in that format.

Tests he's still a fair way off. Maybe needs to play another 25 to 30 games averaging 20 or 40ish more games averaging 22. That along with his exceptional white ball record would put him right up near the top.

Longevity probably wouldn't be as important if judging greatness in other teams, but he is being compared to a guy who played 200 Tests and over 450 odis, plus a bowling allrounder with 131 Tests and 225 odis. These are iron men when it comes to longevity. Bumrah by comparison hasn't even played 200 international total across all formats.

Victor Ian

International Coach
i think the benefits of a truely great bowler spread everywhere in a team. they make other bowlers perform better. they make batsmen a bit better, secure in the knowledge its not all over if they get out. they make the fielders better because one dropped chance is not rued when another chance comes shortly after. i dont think a batsman raises a team in the same way.

bumrah just needs more tests to secure his greatness.

ma1978

International Debutant
Tendulkar polled as the second greatest batsman of all time. No way he’s not the GOAT Indian irrespective of what Bumrah does from there.