• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Molehill

International Captain
Just seen an interesting wicket in the Northants/Sussex game. McAndrew looped the ball back off Proctor who in running to take the caught and bowled, collided with a fielder running in. Within a spit second the ball is seen rolling on the floor. I have no idea how the umpires can give that out given the speed it all happened. It seems McAndrew took the fielder's word that he had caught it and then rolled it away after the collision, but looked more like the collision forced the ball out to me. Either way, tough to say he was ever in control.

But Sussex would appear in complete control on a pitch doing plenty off the seam.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Replay did make it look as though Procter had it in control and then lobbed it onto the ground once he realised he'd been whacked in the face.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Lawes has been expensive in his first game for a while. Do his figures accurately reflect how he's bowled?
There were a few thick edges off him, however he was the least impressive of the four seamers. Length was a bit short.

A very handy lead for Surrey here. Perhaps even the decisive game of the championship (?)

Yeoman

U19 Captain
I went to the game yesterday. It was a bit frustrating. They bowled 2 overs, went off for rain and didn't get back until 13:25. I had to leave at 15:00 because I was meeting mates to go and watch the football. It really looked an each way bet yesterday given the pitch. I couldn't have said with any confidence which way the game was going. They called it a "Festival of Red ball cricket", but I didn't really see anything that made it such other than a few more fast food retailers serving than normal for the county championship. With a relatively short journey for visiting fans, it was always likely to be better attended than many other games. Decent crowd nonetheless. Cook being injured doesn't help Essex's cause.
The pitch is indeed rather green. Combined with the overhead cloud not surprising that it is relatively low scoring. Decent crowd again today augmented by a good number of parties from primary schools. Ryan Patel signed a huge number of autographs for them on the boundary. He must have felt like a megastar.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hear Beau Webster's been taking a few poles for Gloucestershire, what's he bowling? Seam up or offies, or bit of both?

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Eeesh. Still seems pretty unfortunate in the circumstances. Top of the table clash and playing with 10 men. Hope he gets better soon as he has been a cracking signing thus far.
On the last few years I’ve come round to the view that players who have suffered serious injuries or illness should be able to be replaced. There would though have to be precautions, such as a doctor’s assessment and/or the replaced player not being allowed to play for, say, two weeks afterwards, however losing a player places a side at a great disadvantage and it is inconsistent to be able to replace a player for concussion but not other injuries.

Molehill

International Captain
I hear Beau Webster's been taking a few poles for Gloucestershire, what's he bowling? Seam up or offies, or bit of both?
Saw him bowling against Sussex, it was seam up....and I'm guessing his fivefer this week would've been the same.

It should be noted though, that the current round of matches seem to have seen the all the groundsmen come together and produce seam friendly green tops for the first 2 days that are then flattening out. It was carnage pretty much everywhere on Day 1 of this round.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
The pitch is indeed rather green. Combined with the overhead cloud not surprising that it is relatively low scoring. Decent crowd again today augmented by a good number of parties from primary schools. Ryan Patel signed a huge number of autographs for them on the boundary. He must have felt like a megastar.
The several times that I have been there this season, the pitches have always been rather green. They seem to have moved away from the often very flat Oval decks of the past. It is a bit of a shame as they have nigh on thrown their spin bowling talent under the bus.

Molehill

International Captain
Lancs have picked Chris Green in a FC game when Hartley can’t eve get a go?
He was ****ed as soon as they signed Lyon - he should've been getting out of there straight away. Now Bashir has got the England gig despite only playing 3 matches and taking 4 wickets (which doesn't make a lot of sense).