• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Molehill

International Captain
Stone has been making runs but has he been taking wkts?
I believe Lawrence smashed 38? off a bashir over. Not a great week for england hopefuls.
I would have Woakes back to open the bowling with jimmy, and hope Stokes can still bowl.
Cook the baller deserves a go but i think he injured himself.
Until that one over yesterday, Robinson had been bowling really well. He took out the Leics top order in the first innings which was key to winning the game - would've been a thrashing but for a freak innings. Be amazed if he's not in the squad.

Molehill

International Captain
3 teams bowled out for less than 100, 5 more (and probably another to follow this morning) for under 200. Carnage!! What on earth was going on? I particularly liked the Northants effort to be bowled out for 97 in 20 overs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Those able to follow the live stream may want to take a look at Anderson's first bowl of the season, which should happen around 11.30 today.

EDIT
Or not, as it's currently raining.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
At the Oval. Cloudy skies. Bounce and movement for bowlers. Absorbing contest. Surrey on top.
I went to the game yesterday. It was a bit frustrating. They bowled 2 overs, went off for rain and didn't get back until 13:25. I had to leave at 15:00 because I was meeting mates to go and watch the football. It really looked an each way bet yesterday given the pitch. I couldn't have said with any confidence which way the game was going. They called it a "Festival of Red ball cricket", but I didn't really see anything that made it such other than a few more fast food retailers serving than normal for the county championship. With a relatively short journey for visiting fans, it was always likely to be better attended than many other games. Decent crowd nonetheless. Cook being injured doesn't help Essex's cause.