• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Yeoman

U19 Captain
And it's a tie.

Thrilling but also possibly a bit anti-climatic.
I know that you mean in that it would have been nice to see a record chase but a tie is a very special result in and of itself - also a record highest score tie. Also, perhaps neither side deserved to lose.

More widely, I doubt that we will see the drama of Sussex v Leicestershire last week and now Gloucestershire v Glamorgan this equalled in any other sport this year. How people can prefer European football championships, Wimbledon or the T20 world cup to the county championship is quite beyond me.

howitzer

State Captain
Appears as though the previous highest 4th innings total to tie in FC cricket was 453 by Somerset against West Indies A in 2002. A 17 year old Lendl Simmons was the latter's gloveman in that one.

tony p

State Regular
ECB on a phone hook-up this morning about 3 very fine county championship finishes.
Can't have that.
The whisper is to get rid of outgrounds, no FC Cricket in May, June, July or August (Except having 5 tests at Lords during this period), starting the championship in January, with a Christmas Eve finish.

That will fix them.

Molehill

International Captain
The question I have from that celebration is whether Bracey knew it was a tie or that he thought Gloucs had won?

It's a fantastic catch though given he didn't have the glove on either.