• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

International Coach
God that was some fun **** to watch. Thanks Red Bull for screwing up the pit (though Norris probs still catches a few laps later).

The lead battle - what can you say? Every single thing about that was crazy in the best way. Shame that it ended the way it did and that Norris retires and Verstappen still grabs points (shoutout to Alonso for pitting and snatching his fastest lap point away - wonder if that was deliberate lol, if so he’s on a whole other level of brainplay)

Brilliant drives from both of the Haas, especially Hulkenberg. Held off Perez for so many laps and then got him back after Perez got by on the last lap - we didn’t get to see as much as I would’ve liked but we had plenty of other entertainment.

Great job from Ricciardo too, looked strong and again, was surprised he managed to hold off Gasly at the end as well as take the fight to Magnussen, great fight with Gasly and Ocon as usual but not ending in tears which is nice, Gasly authoritatively driving away from Ocon in the final stint despite pitting a lap earlier.

LeClerc just didn’t seem to have the pace after his first lap incident - perhaps there was other damage? I almost laughed when Ferrari told him they expected points, but they did end up being close.

Albon had a pretty strong outing, and Tsunoda was uncharacteristically quiet and pretty disappointing. Speaking of disappointing - Aston and Sauber. Alonso did get that lap in though so thankyou Fernando.

Flem274*

123/5
Unfortunate for Norris but now Verstappen knows he can't just force him to yield through the threat of a crash. You can't give ground to that tactic.

Still not convinced Norris has the nerve to beat him across a season. Ice cool Oscar is my bet in the next few years.

Hulk is still pretty damn rapid in old age.

Coronis

International Coach
Unfortunate for Norris but now Verstappen knows he can't just force him to yield through the threat of a crash. You can't give ground to that tactic.

Still not convinced Norris has the nerve to beat him across a season. Ice cool Oscar is my bet in the next few years.

I have 0 faith in Sauber/Audi for the next few seasons though.

Norris is only a year older than Piastri but he’s that far ahead as a driver I think. Don’t get me wrong Oscar has been quality but I think Lando is quite clearly the 2nd best driver on the grid right now imo. Oscar will need a fair bit of growth to measure up to his raw race pace and tyre management I feel. Norris is definitely way more aggressive and loose but at this point its an advantage with everyone having a deficit to Verstappen. Piastri’s more levelheaded approach may prevail in a closer season long battle.

Flem274*

123/5
I have 0 faith in Sauber/Audi for the next few seasons though.

Norris is only a year older than Piastri but he’s that far ahead as a driver I think. Don’t get me wrong Oscar has been quality but I think Lando is quite clearly the 2nd best driver on the grid right now imo. Oscar will need a fair bit of growth to measure up to his raw race pace and tyre management I feel. Norris is definitely way more aggressive and loose but at this point its an advantage with everyone having a deficit to Verstappen. Piastri’s more levelheaded approach may prevail in a closer season long battle.
Norris is also very experienced. I don't expect a second year driver to be at his level. It's to Oscar's credit he is so close.

I'm optimistic for Audi. They tend to excel everywhere they go, and made a diesel Le Mans car to flex on everyone else. I don't think they'll go full Toyota/Jag.

kyear2

International Coach

Max has enough of a lead, that he probably wouldn't care.

As McLaren said, unless he is punished for the **** he does, he's not going to stop.

The moving under braking, the overtaking off track, the collision and even still blocking his after.

Crashstappen is kinda back.

ripper868

International Coach
Verstappen seems to be lacking the pace, Norris and Piastri ease past with a tiny hint of rain. Fun little period this will be

ripper868

International Coach
Ha, and right on cue, cars off wide, drs disabled, lead change, norris into 2nd to split the mercs, good fun.

ripper868

International Coach
Wow that pit stop has cost lando massively, be interesting to see if the softs last long enough and get enough gap to hold of verstappen, think piastri too far back now.

What a race.