• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of context sports clothing

Ali TT

International Regular
At a recent vintage car rally in my local English market town I saw a guy in a 2012 Houston Texans AFC South champions jersey. Pretty niche stuff.

Anyone else come across folks wearing sports clothes in a random context? Not just short, fat white guys in a LeBron jersey either

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's a Twitter account called Full-kit Wankers that does some good work in this field.

Like this, um, gentleman who got married in full Gooner attire:

View attachment 40453

Or, the wankers' wanker himself:

View attachment 40454
Haha throughout my childhood and adolescent years (and I suspect he probably continues to say it these days too) Sledger Snr always used to say "there is no greater sign of a dickhead than a grown man wearing a football shirt".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don’t mind arsenal but it’s got to be said they attract the worst fans. Piers Morgan, Jeremy Corbyn, sledger, Osama Bin Laden (listed in order of scumness) . Etc

Ali TT

International Regular
At a services on the M40 near Oxford. There's both the Premiership and Challenge Cup finals on in London today so this place is full of people in Wigan Warriors, Warrington Wolves and Northampton Saints kits (the Bath fans I'm sure will all be on the M4). Never understood why the northerners can't keep their game up north though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At a services on the M40 near Oxford. There's both the Premiership and Challenge Cup finals on in London today so this place is full of people in Wigan Warriors, Warrington Wolves and Northampton Saints kits (the Bath fans I'm sure will all be on the M4). Never understood why the northerners can't keep their game up north though.
Please specify the service station.