• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of context sports clothing

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Beaconsfield, which with it's circular arrangement could be compared to the Pit of Sarlacc.
Great service station that. Between that and M6 toll for the best in the country. Don’t give me this Tebay nonsense

Ali TT

International Regular
Great service station that. Between that and M6 toll for the best in the country. Don’t give me this Tebay nonsense
Not on a Saturday lunchtime when it's full of northern rugby fans. I also once spent over an hour trying to get out of the car park.

meetjacktefh

Cricket Spectator
At a recent vintage car rally in my local English market town I saw a guy in a 2012 Houston Texans AFC South champions jersey. Pretty niche stuff.

Anyone else come across folks wearing sports clothes in a random context? Not just short, fat white guys in a LeBron jersey either
A nigerian guy in US wearing cheap custom jersey of RCB while working Stadium.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t mind arsenal but it’s got to be said they attract the worst fans. Piers Morgan, Jeremy Corbyn, sledger, Osama Bin Laden (listed in order of scumness) . Etc
Is it the case that people in the UK don't follow generally follow their geographically closest premier league team? Corbyn and Morgan for example aren't from any place close to Arsenal. I get there can be familial connections and all which might explain a good deal of it, but it seems to be fairly widespread there.

Burgey

Also, Random Souths Bloke is a legitimate phenomenon the world over. Genuinely saw one in Kotor in Montenegro last year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it the case that people in the UK don't follow generally follow their geographically closest premier league team? Corbyn and Morgan for example aren't from any place close to Arsenal. I get there can be familial connections and all which might explain a good deal of it, but it seems to be fairly widespread there.
Tbf to Corbyn I am pretty sure Arsenal sits in his constituency. But to your general question I’d say so yeah.

Growing up, TRFC fans were always a minority in any classes I was part of. You could expect that compared to Liverpool and Everton given the proximity but we’d usually be outnumbered by Man U fans too.

You’ll find Liverpool and United fans everywhere. Arsenal not as much but definitely plenty outside of their sphere. And then less so but still prevalent these days for Chelsea, Tottenham and City.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i own a shirt with the Rocky Mountain Vibes logo on it that says “just vibin” and by the way you should too
1721204455206.png

Shady Slim

International Coach
Also, Random Souths Bloke is a legitimate phenomenon the world over. Genuinely saw one in Kotor in Montenegro last year.

couple mates of mine were in greece and saw wayne bennett in a souths hat at the parthenon few years ago

Spikey

probably the highlight of the disappointing Mekons documentary was jon langford having a sydney swans hat for some reason

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not exactly random as my home town has a large community of South American students but
there’s been some very pleasant sights wandering the streets in Brazi, Argentina, etc jerseys recently

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Never heard of it.

Anyway I support Arsenal because my best friend in school (circa 1991) told me he supported them, so I picked them too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never heard of it.

Anyway I support Arsenal because my best friend in school (circa 1991) told me he supported them, so I picked them too.
My old man watched Charlie George’s bicycle kick on a tv in Oxford Street and bought me a jersey home