• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of context sports clothing

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Never heard of it.

Anyway I support Arsenal because my best friend in school (circa 1991) told me he supported them, so I picked them too.
Normally I would frown at this kind of despicable behaviour, but given that your nearest Prem Club would've been S*uthampton, I fully respect your decision.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My Godfather was (is, in fact) a T*ttenham fan and I was a contrary little bleeder, even as a child. :ph34r:

Actually I think my supporting the Arse was a correlation rather than a causation (I actually don't remember making a conscious decision but, looking back, our 82/83 run to the FA semis might've been the clincher), however he must've loved taking a little Gooner with him to games in retrospect.

Ali TT

International Regular
If I remember my mates and I at primary school all decided that we needed to support football teams. This being 1991 that meant most of us picked for Arsenal (top of the league), Liverpool (previous league champs) and Sp*rs (who won the cup that season and had Gazza playing for them). I ended up with Arsenal.

It's amazing how a quickly made decision can become a deep seated passion overnight. I can still remember the visceral pain when Sp*rs beat Arsenal in the cup semifinal that year, and the ticking off I got from my Sp*rs-supporting mum after I called her a tw@t for teasing me after the game (my 7yo self having no idea what it meant and thinking it was the same as twit).

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
My father, grandfather and uncle were/are all Portsmouth fans, it was also the closest club to me growing up. Even though they were in the old 4th Division at the time, I was given no choice. Most successful club at the time was Liverpool and it always annoyed me how many people from my neck of the woods (almost as far away as you can get from there in England) supported them. I have hated them ever since as a result......which has become somewhat difficult in later life when I've ended up being best mates with a load of Scousers!!