• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 4 T20is

kevinw

International 12th Man
Was indeed, he's said his next major injury is probably his last, so a lot on this comeback for his career.

Jordan doing okay here, not sure it's good for England in the long run. Bowling well against Pakistan tail-enders. rather if it's top bats from Saffies, India and the like.
Jordan should've been dropped a while back, but he's still the best fielder in the side and still a decent smacker of a ball down at eight.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I was going to say why doesn't Zaman open because he's the most visibly belligerent of Pakistani bats. But then I went and looked at his and the rest's career SRs, and noone's going at > 128? That's not enough in this brave new age. You need at least one berserker in the top 4.
international t20 stats often dont make sense tbh and idk why Zaman isnt opening either when he is the only one who looks like he wants to play a current era t20

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Jordan should've been dropped a while back, but he's still the best fielder in the side and still a decent smacker of a ball down at eight.
England have really struggled to find an alternative death bowler in the last two years, otherwise they might have moved on.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jordan has always been good value in T20. His shtick doesn't really extend to 10 overs and so he's been low to mid in ODIs (where people really wanna see Wood anyway) which means people keep being surprised when he's effective here.
Nah he regularly gets torn apart in leagues too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jordan has always been good value in T20. His shtick doesn't really extend to 10 overs and so he's been low to mid in ODIs (where people really wanna see Wood anyway) which means people keep being surprised when he's effective here.
At risk at starting a thing I don't really want to think about ever again, he'd probably be an elite T10 cricketer.

I'd rather having him defend 6 in the last over than a lot of bowlers better than him, but I'd be more worried about him defending 16 than a bunch of bowlers worse than him.

A bit the same with his "finishing" with the bat. High ceiling, low floor.

Last edited:

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Azam must be the fattest player i've seen since that Bermuda policeman, and surely rizwan is a
better keeper? Looking at the weather forcast, they might struggle to complete another game.
They say butler might miss some of the WC due to an imminent paternity event.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Azam must be the fattest player i've seen since that Bermuda policeman, and surely rizwan is a
better keeper? Looking at the weather forcast, they might struggle to complete another game.
They say butler might miss some of the WC due to an imminent paternity event.
Typical of him to prioritise the IPL in his fertility planning. A sad sign of the direction of the modern game.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be another rained off match tonight - might get it started, but forecast for later not that promising.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That'll show the administrators trying to organise a series in England before June.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
When did bbc resume showing cricket?

I pay for sky for nothing?
I shouldn't give up your Sky subscription just yet, the BBC don't show many matches.

Fun to see Archer and Wood in tandem. But I'm not happy seeing Wood regularly falling over in these conditions.

number11

State Regular
I shouldn't give up your Sky subscription just yet, the BBC don't show many matches.

Fun to see Archer and Wood in tandem.
Yeah, England have incredible firepower with ball and bat. This looks like a golden era for English white ball cricket. T20 wc 22, 50 over wc 19....and look good to repeat the t20 wc feat.

Rizwan is a lovely player to watch. As I type he timed the pants off 2 back to back balls.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not great from Jordan. I don't really know why Archer was only given one over in that spell.