• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What Stokes actually said btw was he’d abolish Umpire’s Call. Didn’t quite tally up with his annoyance at the Crawley lbw though the graphic did show it missing I guess (I know that was explained)

cnerd123

likes this
This pitch is a joke ftr. So many balls shooting through this early in the Test. Really squandered the advantage we had in the final session yesterday and first session today. Rohit is a terrible captain.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also it turns out Bazball includes using the media to bully umpires into giving marginal calls in your favour. Don't expect any better from a captain who gets into street fights tbh
No whinging please ***** - Keir Starmer has endorsed his approach this week

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Have you seen our attack?

2 kids who had never played a test match and had less than 30 first class games between them and a pensioner.
pensioner :laugh:

I honestly think you got a bit lucky in Hyderabad coz any of those Pope and others shots could have led to a wicket and probably an innings win for India. This here is a far more complete, dogged, sustained excellent performance.

You have been on top since tea yesterday. All credit to England here. I do think Rohit should have done much better as captain and our batting has been insipid but this is more credit to England than blame to India here.

Socerer 01

International Captain
IMG_2715.jpeg

This is Iyer against spin @OverratedSanity

some of them did improve in 2024 like Rohit and Jadeja but bear in mind that they were a lot better before then and in this series pitches have not been as spin friendly as in the past and we’re up against two debutant spinners and another who hasnt played much before too so those averages should be much better than what they are currently

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 39327

This is Iyer against spin @OverratedSanity

some of them did improve in 2024 like Rohit and Jadeja but bear in mind that they were a lot better before then and in this series pitches have not been as spin friendly as in the past and we’re up against two debutant spinners and another who hasnt played much before too so those averages should be much better than what they are currently
One example doesn't prove anything. Even guys like kohli have been **** against spin in recent times. It's a team wide issue for years. Rohit and pant and Jadeja were usually bailing out our middle order.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
pensioner :laugh:

I honestly think you got a bit lucky in Hyderabad coz any of those Pope and others shots could have led to a wicket and probably an innings win for India. This here is a far more complete, dogged, sustained excellent performance.

You have been on top since tea yesterday. All credit to England here. I do think Rohit should have done much better as captain and our batting has been insipid but this is more credit to England than blame to India here.
Don’t know if lucky is how I’d put it but I know what you mean. Obviously a long way to go but this has been a more complete performance than that Test thus far which was turned by a couple of performances that nobody saw coming

Socerer 01

International Captain
One example doesn't prove anything. Even guys like kohli have been **** against spin in recent times. It's a team wide issue for years. Rohit and pant and Jadeja were usually bailing out our middle order.
bro it has been an issue for years but it has gotten even worse now

not sure what part of this is controversial

since Kohli was mentioned, he averaged over 40 against spin last year in contrast to sub 30 for the 3 previous years

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t know if lucky is how I’d put it but I know what you mean. Obviously a long way to go but this has been a more complete performance than that Test thus far which was turned by a couple of performances that nobody saw coming
That axar drop was brutal too, if not for that we probably win by 10 wickets or something. Agree that England been much better here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont mean the entire innings was lucky lol. Just meant had there been a little less luck on your side or a little more luck on ours, the game would have changed very easily. Here, even if say Gill got a tad more outside the line to that Bashir ball, I dont really see us being 190/2 or something. Maybe 190/5 but still in strife IMO. That is where I credit England. Just one or two things change, I can see the result at Hyd changing easily. Cant say that about this test.

And tbf to India, you cant say that for the 2 tests we did win as well.