• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Fastest to 500 wickets in terms of matches :

1.Muralitharan 87 Tests
2.Ashwin 98 Tests
3.Kumble 105 Tests
4.Warne 108 Tests

That be some spin quartet to play in a test match

King Kane

International Debutant
Which team has most games in the next 2 or 3 years as I presume Ashwin will end ahead of Lyon but a race to 600 might be fun to follow?

Ashwin has been a great, better than Kumble and his partnership with Jadeja is probably the best partnership I've seen. Only just better than Emburey and Edmonds 😂😂
Ashwin is a much better batter than Kumble and Lyon too, he has 5 test tons and 14 test fifties, not only is he a better spinner he is a better all rounder.

He will go down as one of India's ATGs.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jurel looks pretty decent with the gloves too. Surely that's the end of Bharat and Rahul (as a Test keeper)?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon got there to 500 wickets first in more test matches for the record, which means not only is he better than Brainless McSkinfolds but also in more demand.

Gnske

Jurel looks pretty decent with the gloves too. Surely that's the end of Bharat and Rahul (as a Test keeper)?
And Jurel as soon as Pant comes back.

Although I have a sneaking suspicion he won't be the same player. It'll be like McCartney after the car accident.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Although I have a sneaking suspicion he won't be the same player. It'll be like McCartney after the car accident.
Could be that Pant plays as a bat only. His body might need a year back playing before keeping again. Look at Bairstow after his lay off and Pant is a bit tubby too.

Gnske

A fit player would have dived for that and easily stopped it

The pain of being an elite cricketer with a massive gut

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Blimey that's a bit obscure mate. Next you'll be telling us that if you read sections of the BCCI website backwards, they inform us that Pant is actually deceased. Maybe more like Dylan after the motorbike accident?