• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
Duckett is obviously going to get himself out doing something stupid shortly, but it's been fun whilst it's lasted.....

King Kane

International Debutant
Great knock so far from Duckett, not often you see Crawley taking a backseat in terms of scoring rate, he is playing the Atherton role here.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Further proof for Bazball believers that it will work anywhere is this Crawley & Duckett opening partnership.

It's the duo's 4th 50 plus stand in the series ..

From 2018-2023 all visiting openers to India combined had 4 50+ opening stands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Na. Duckett averages 10 more so its not a hard choice
I mean this is overly simplistic. Although in fairness Duckett averages more in the period they've been an opening pair.

The important point though is that the respective averages are 44 + 53 in that time...only took a decade to finally have a decent opening pair eh

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I mean this is overly simplistic. Although in fairness Duckett averages more in the period they've been an opening pair.

The important point though is that the respective averages are 44 + 53 in that time...only took a decade to finally have a decent opening pair eh
@GIMH do you think Jos Buttler would have had a better Test career under Bazball principles?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yet you worry about both still.

Duckett is a revelation since his recall. They work well like Hayden and Langer did with their little and large partnership. Hope they can be as good for half the length of time that pair were as we'd be laughing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@GIMH do you think Jos Buttler would have had a better Test career under Bazball principles?
I guess so. The big problem with Jos for me in Tests was he tried to be everything that he isn't in white ball.

I don't know that he'd have been Bairstow 22 levels or anything but think there would at least have been some innings of note whereas I kind of often forget he even played red ball

Spark

Global Moderator
It's an okay start, but they'll have to go a fair bit harder than this to have a chance of getting to the target in the 50 overs