• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
@GIMH do you think Jos Buttler would have had a better Test career under Bazball principles?
A lot of us here were utterly baffled that he wasn't given the license to just play this way regardless and it's a testament to how terrible and misguided English Test cricket was that they forced him to be anything other than what he is.

Spark

Global Moderator
I've heard Key say a few times that Buttlers test career isn't over, but not sure how he gets in the team anytime soon.
If Bairstow falls off a cliff/gets injured and they don't believe in Foakes in conditions where great keeping isn't the most necessary attribute then I could see him getting another go for sure.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Duckett is such an unusual opener.

Plays at virtually everything, plays and misses alot, but produces very good figures.

Must be horrible to bowl at.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Duckett is such an unusual opener.

Plays at virtually everything, plays and misses alot, but produces very good figures.

Must be horrible to bowl at.
Definitely..Bazball openers are full of headaches..You know they are coming hard and you know you are under pressure to get a wicket ..

You need a great temperament to stick to your guns when someone is throwing everything at you with no concern for his wicket

Silver Silva

International Debutant
500 for Ashwin ! Wonderful cricketer, now only Kumble stands before him on India's list..
Can he get there ? You'd like to think so

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which team has most games in the next 2 or 3 years as I presume Ashwin will end ahead of Lyon but a race to 600 might be fun to follow?

Ashwin has been a great, better than Kumble and his partnership with Jadeja is probably the best partnership I've seen. Only just better than Emburey and Edmonds 😂😂