• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I just looked it up and was surprised to see that Shahid Afridi did actually cop a ban (the one remaining test match and the first two ODIs) after his efforts at Faislabad in 2005. But his tactics were on a different level tbf.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
To be honest apart from Nasser and Athers, the quality of English commentators isn't great.

Bumble was always good value but he was binned off by Sky a couple of years ago. Mark Butcher is OK but no more than that.

KP, Vaughan, Swann, Knight are ****e of the highest order.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Or selected, in several instances.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of many occasions where he's been fully fit and not selected in that period.

He's either injured and comes in during a series or gets injured during it.

This has to be the first he's been fit for three on the bounce.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of many occasions where he's been fully fit and not selected in that period.

He's either injured and comes in during a series or gets injured during it.
Being honest, your memory is more likely to be correct than mine. I was thinking about the start of the Ashes, but maybe he was injured then. Was he injured when Robinson and Potts played ahead of him in our home tests in 2021 and 2022? Perhaps he was. And those guys justified their selection anyway. For me, the big change in the last 12 months was his performance in the home matches.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Being honest, your memory is more likely to be correct than mine. I was thinking about the start of the Ashes, but maybe he was injured then. Was he injured when Robinson and Potts played ahead of him in our home tests in 2021 and 2022? Perhaps he was. And those guys justified their selection anyway. For me, the big change in the last 12 months was his performance in the home matches.
He was definitely injured all of summer 2022.

Ashes 23 he wasn't fit till Headingley.

Quadruple this please Ben great batting.