• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I need to start doubting Blundell again. I posted this just before he scored 57* vs Bangladesh, after he had 6 innings where he scored 13, 2, 8, 0, 11, 0. He then had a run of form for a year where he scored 1025 runs @ 68.33.

I think Blundell is a decent player too but either as an opener or when he doesn't have the pressure of the world on him. You feel like the last 3 test matches in particular, for most of those innings he's come in after small collapses and felt the weight of the innings entirely on his shoulders. Batting at 6 or 7 though you're always going to run that risk so you've got to ask yourself will he get better in those situations or is he more of a pace on the ball type opening? He averaged 35 with the bat opening, including a century in Australia which is no mean feat, but for the first time in yonks we actually have a few people who could open the batting and I don't think he's top 2 in the country for that overall, but maybe he could do the job for a time.

I suspect NZ will keep the faith for the 2nd test so barring a double ton, I'd like to see Cleaver or Fletcher a run vs SA. I think asking Conway to keep is a surefire way to make sure we don't get the best out of him with the bat when really he's our 2nd best bat currently.
Since his 90 vs England last summer he's had scores of 7, 3, 17*, 6, 6, 0, 2, 11, 5*, 4. Or 61 runs @ 7.62.

So anyway, let's give Cleaver or Fletcher a run vs Australia :ph34r:

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I need to start doubting Blundell again. I posted this just before he scored 57* vs Bangladesh, after he had 6 innings where he scored 13, 2, 8, 0, 11, 0. He then had a run of form for a year where he scored 1025 runs @ 68.33.

Since his 90 vs England last summer he's had scores of 7, 3, 17*, 6, 6, 0, 2, 11, 5*, 4. Or 61 runs @ 7.62.

They need to include Cleaver in the squad again, that seemed to do the trick last time.

Didn't realise his recent run has been quite that bad.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
They need to include Cleaver in the squad again, that seemed to do the trick last time.

Didn't realise his recent run has been quite that bad.

Not sure why he's batting ahead of Phillips

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oof I didn't realise it was that bad. Includes 14/4 in Bangladesh. Of course, was insanely productive for several series prior to that. All batters have ups and downs, but that's why I wrote yesterday that for Blundell it seems to be series-by-series. Either the whole series is an up or the whole series is a down.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's such great bowling, bounce and seam from O'Rourke. He even looks like he's improved a lot since those ODIs vs Bangladesh a couple of months ago.