• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That wasn't really what I meant by 'Petersen should play some shots'. There were some bad balls could've been hit.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
lol this is a new commentary low
Idk i quite enjoy guest commentators, but they're only as good as the people asking them questions and on this situation it's pretty average.

Guests on cricket comms always seemed a treat when listening to the ABC, for instance.

thierry henry

International Coach
Idk i quite enjoy guest commentators, but they're only as good as the people asking them questions and on this situation it's pretty average.

Guests on cricket comms always seemed a treat when listening to the ABC, for instance.
Was mostly just how he talked right over the fall of the wicket. It felt like he hadn’t been briefed at all on what to do and they genuinely just found him half pissed on the embankment.

thierry henry

International Coach
South Africa seemed comfortable enough against the spin aside from those two slogs for two wickets. I guess (supposedly) you have to get some runs eventually.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope they bat again just so all the Latham downhill skiing haters can be infuriated

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow. That innings by Paterson was one of the most inept looking innings I've seen at Test level since Chris Martin's pomp. Truly awful.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbf to Paterson at one point he appeared to attempt to pull a yorker, but I think it was actually just his version of a Marnus-style leave