• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

SeamUp

International Coach
All 3 debutants out, now it's really to see where the 3 truly in our main test team mix are. Hamza, Bedingham, Petersen (could be a last chance saloon).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Southee is so done as a test bowler. No pace, no lift, just skiddy 126k filth
Although this is over-the-top, he's looked noticeably worse than Jamieson and Henry here. He's also 35 and now the captain, so I wonder how that'll affect his bowling form. Could be interesting if someone like O'Rourke takes his chances in the next 12 months (assuming he gets some).

Howsie

International Captain
Although this is over-the-top, he's looked noticeably worse than Jamieson and Henry here. He's also 35 and now the captain, so I wonder how that'll affect his bowling form. Could be interesting if someone like O'Rourke takes his chances in the next 12 months (assuming he gets some).
Over the top?

He’s completely done.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Southee took 24 wickets at 27.4 last year, albeit the only big bags of wickets were in the two tests against Sri Lanka at home.

So I wouldn’t say he’s definitely done, but he’s not looking too threatening out there today. Really needs to get a bit of zip back. It should be possible when he’s only 35.

Meridio

International Regular
Southee took 24 wickets at 27.4 last year, albeit the only big bags of wickets were in the two tests against Sri Lanka at home.

So I wouldn’t say he’s definitely done, but he’s not looking too threatening out there today. Really needs to get a bit of zip back. It should be possible when he’s only 35.
Aka a 'promising youngster' in Steadyville

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
That's just not good enough Bedingham, keeping up your standards is the least you can do. That was a nothing short ball and he's very lucky that the fielder dropped a straight forward catch.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Aka a 'promising youngster' in Steadyville
I mean it’s not like he’s running in and slogging away like Wagner does, his action is pretty low stress, I’d think he could maintain mid to high 130s for a few more years yet.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Tbh he's someone that's always dropped back to mid-high 120s when it suited, whether for good (belief he'd get more swing, maybe) or just because he didn't put in the hard yards (the test in Melbourne springs to mind). He's maintained a decent average throughout, though it's not guaranteed he'll continue to do as he ages.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
More freebies in Santner's first two overs than he would send down in an ODI. Remember when he toured Aus and he was bowling at associate level.