• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Bahseph

International Debutant
Yeah a bunch of our LO batting lineup such as QDK (retired from Tests), VDD (dropped from Tests), Miller (never played a Test) and Klaasen (retired from Tests) aren't in Test contention. I suppose you could throw in Hendricks as well. Quite a few of these guys would be in the first XI anyway and now that Elgar is gone I'm pretty sure Brand being able to double as a opener/2nd spinner is going to be a huge net positive for him. He played the SA20 last year so he must have realized a permanent Test berth is incredibly close for him.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
None of the exaggerated movement through the air we've sometimes seen from Jamieson, but good working away in the corridor with a little movement to earn that.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is where Hamza's extensive experience is REALLY going to be what South Africa needs

SeamUp

International Coach
Put up the last 3 years FC cricket records of all the SA batsmen in the mix in SA team selection thread. I knew van Tonder had a had a tough time, but tougher than I thought.

Eddie Moore has put in a lot of hard yards to be here. I would have had him ahead of Brand for pure number of seasons he has scored runs. At times looks uncomfortable and then wafts beauty cover drives/cuts.