• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Doom and Gloom Thread

Sunil1z

International Regular
How much chance do we have in SA series?
Give realistic estimate. I am done with Panauti non sense . Say if we have 55-45 chance then till us we are marginally better chance .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We have not done well under pressure in the last couple of years. And to be completely honest, ever since Dravid took over we have lost important moments.

If we had not messed up at crucial moments, in the last 2 years we would have had -

A test series win and probably a 3-0 in RSA
A test series win in England, possibly 3-1
A WTC Title
An ODI World Cup
And perhaps, 3-0 in the BG Trophy as well

Talent and ability wise, this side is up there but I just think a bit of the intangible 10% that clicked between Virat and Bewda is missing here. TBF, Dravid has not had Rohit in all the above events. So maybe and hopefully, that does work out between Dravid and Rohit and we start winning big again all over the world.

Xix2565

International Regular
Talent and ability wise, this side is up there but I just think a bit of the intangible 10% that clicked between Virat and Bewda is missing here.
Under whom we didn't do much better outside of Australia. Really sick and tired of blaming coaches for things out of their control.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good time to reignite this one.

Our openers cant bat long, our MO cant bat at all, our LO are tired from all the bowling and all of our fast bowlers are varying levels of #12.

Ash is aging, Jaddu is injured, Axar is gng the Lord route, Kuldeep is not dependable, Bumrah is made of glass, Shami is made of something even less durable, Siraj is excitable and has lost pace.

Our keepers cant bat. The ones who can are not interested in playing long form cricket.

We are a shambles. 5-0 for England. Chris Hinton is so e and h but also right.

ma1978

International Debutant
The days of India's home dominance are over. Ashwin is past his prime (still a force), Jadeja was never that good a bowler and Kohli is probably the only batter of class int he lineup.

Still fun watching Bumrah bowl.

Spark

Global Moderator
Perhaps it's the "overrate performances against your team" thing talking but I can only wish that Jadeja wasn't actually that good a bowler. We would have two, if not three, series wins against India in the last ten years on our side of the ledger.

Incidentally I just checked and India's record in the last year is ten played, four wins, four losses, two draws. I feel like I've nailed my colours to the "India in decline?" mast but it is too early - even so... that's not great.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps it's the "overrate performances against your team" thing talking but I can only wish that Jadeja wasn't actually that good a bowler. We would have two, if not three, series wins against India in the last ten years on our side of the ledger.

Incidentally I just checked and India's record in the last year is ten played, four wins, four losses, two draws. I feel like I've nailed my colours to the "India in decline?" mast but it is too early - even so... that's not great.
I feel like Pant missing plays a huge part in their recent drop off. I feel like they win this test vs England atleast if Pant is there.

Spark

Global Moderator
I feel like Pant missing plays a huge part in their recent drop off. I feel like they win this test vs England atleast if Pant is there.
Yeah I mean like I said in the other thread it's a gigantic hole. It's genuinely like replacing Gilchrist with, I don't know, Graham Manou.

Shri

Mr. Glass
we made lots of mistakes throughout the test match and still only lost by 20 odd runs. if we fix some of them we will win. if we fix most errors we will smash them

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been average for a while. They really struggled to beat Bangladesh in one of those tests too I think. Lots of players missing time hasn't helped but its still bad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Been average for a while. They really struggled to beat Bangladesh in one of those tests too I think. Lots of players missing time hasn't helped but its still bad.
Yeah didn't Iyer seriously save your bacon in the second game? Basically been riding off that one innings ever since in Tests, really.