• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it shows Stokes's strengths as captain too. Once upon a time he gets locked away in a cupboard never to play again after that start. Instead he keeps his faith, and now it's paid dividends.
Yeah fair play to him, we were all hammering the decision to keep Hartley on for so long in the first innings but if it did anything, it demonstrated that his captain believes in him, and it's paying dividends now

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Its there but they use it for bowling their allotted quota anyway.

This is really some performance from England here. We have been soft af but they have got more out of the pitch with the ball in the respective second innings and they have been far more proactive with the bat. Fully deserve this win.

If Shreyas can't even score runs against spin at home, what is even the point?

I guess it was not as soft a wicket as Jaiswal, Gill, Axar and Jaddu but still pretty lazy from Shreyas and really good from Leach. Kinda feel bad he has this injury as I quite like him as a cricketer and his bowling style is pretty good for India esp. when we have batsmen who are so stubborn to play sweeps or come down the track or even play the odd lofted shot.
Even cricbuzz called Shreyas “a supposedly good player of spin”.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think it does justice to England to only blame India here. We have been way too soft but like all good teams, England kept themselves in the game when they could have lost it far more and then stuck when the wind was on their side. A really good performance and a good definition of how you can come from behind to win a test in the respective 2nd innings.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What’s the story with Kohli missing these games? I know they said personal reasons bu t has there been any update and is he likely to be back later in the series?

Spark

Global Moderator
Australia really ****ed up in India last year,they would have won the series if not for collapsing second innings in Delhi.
This is exactly what I've been saying - this is not the invincible India team of 2018-2020. We were two, or maybe even one, good session away from winning that series and that was not a world class Australian team. England are proving again here that India are actually gettable at home right now if you have the belief and you make the right decisions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The other point that @OverratedSanity often makes about our batting as well.. without Pant, we really do need 6 batsmen and Rohit should lighten the **** up and let Jaiswal bowl a few overs a day. I am not sure Kuldeep is gonna magically fix anything if he comes in for Jaddu as it only weakens the batting further.

I am expecting a total turner next test as these idiots will panic and this will result in a lottery. The only good thing is then they can drop Siraj and replace Jaddu with Kuldeep and a batsman, maybe Pattidar. I wont mind Tilak Verma or Rinku getting a game ahead of Gill too. But this second innings bowling and captaincy has been way too soft.

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it shows Stokes's strengths as captain too. Once upon a time he gets locked away in a cupboard never to play again after that start. Instead he keeps his faith, and now it's paid dividends.
Compare Cook with Kerrigan. Also shows the weakness of no in country warm up.