• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Ashwin, Jadeja and Axar are incredibly difficult to play in India but there’s a reason why they’re not automatic selections in many other countries
I don't think India need to justify why they don't play 3 spinners everywhere they play. The people who don't have these quality spinners will always be the one to downplay the achievements of the spin trio.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean the main reason for this is because they play for the same team (Ashwin and Jadeja that is, I still don't really rate Axar)
Axar is both not as good as his numbers against other countries but also not nearly as useless as he looked against Australia. Maintain that Rohit used him very poorly in that series.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Suspect Crawley and Duckett will wipe out the deficit before a wicket his lost and Stokes declares when we're about 450 ahead. I'd expect a comfortable England win but I suppose a draw is possible
Yes I'm sure England will make another "above par" score, even if they lose by an innings.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think this innings is actually really encouraging for Leach and Root lol. Could be a good series, you never know. That is, if they don't keep the faith in Hartley (and Rehan) and instead pretend they don't exist.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
a pinnacle of Shady Slim Thought is not just picking spinners for the sake of it when you tour the subcontinent and thinking bowling on subcontinent wickets are spin go brrrrrrrr; nine times out of eight a really good pace bowler will do better than your average mediocre spinner unless it’s the sort of pitch where dean elgar could rip a five for like that nagpur one

and yet many WANGS touring teams all fall for this trap again and again
Particularly when you select them and they get out bowled by Root.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I think this innings is actually really encouraging for Leach and Root lol. Could be a good series, you never know. That is, if they don't keep the faith in Hartley (and Rehan) and instead pretend they don't exist.
For me England should play this team in next test :

1.Crawley
2.Duckett
3.Stokes
4.Root
5.Lawrence
6.Bairstow
7.Foakes (WK)
8.Robinson
9.Bashir
10.Leach
11.Anderson

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Haha jeez that's effectively three umpire's call on DRS. Bit rough but jadeja always an lbw candidate.
It did look out on first view, but yeah if India weren't so ahead of the game you'd be angry with that.

Woke up needing the toilet, for some reason I've decided to stay up and watch.