• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you can point out that we didn't do too badly with three spinners. That said, from what I've seen of both of them, Kuhnemann, who didn't really bowl that well, is a noticeably better bowler than Hartley - whose main justification for selection on this tour is that he's tall and can bat.

He could still come back and grab wickets if he can find the right length and pace.
Yeah but Green could bowl. Stokes is a chance to break down if he rolls his arm over.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its one thing having faith in the youngsters but throwing him out there to open the bowling day 1 of an India tour is a bit brutal.

Wait, is this baz-captaincy?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Least I don't have to waste my time watching tomorrow and do work instead

Oh wait I don't start until 11, ****s sake.

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Root was gonna take the new ball... wouldn't have felt as much pressure with more experience and his place not on the line. Oh well
Objectively it's a good idea but there's no way Stokes would have done this, he'd think it sends a horrible message to his "main" spinners.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're probably trying to avoid having to bring on Ahmed and having him get annihilated tbh.
OTOH Ahmed might bowl some more threatening deliveries, and he's got a good googly. Plus leg spinners do have a habit of jagging wickets with crap balls.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Its one thing having faith in the youngsters but throwing him out there to open the bowling day 1 of an India tour is a bit brutal.
It's literally the worst possible environment/situation in which to try and introduce young bowlers tbh. It is complete madness.