• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Now England team and their supporters has perfect excuse if they don't win first test . Lol
Enough of this visa discussion . rule should be followed by ECB if not then don't cry now .
Let's Talk about cricket .
Yep 67 averaging FC bowler is the reason

Anyway he'll be available for the second test.

I'm sure it could have been sorted without all the fuss

ImpatientLime

International Regular
india wisden cricket writer sarah waris retweeting behr racist contributors onto her timeline who are defending this **** show.

what a time.

FBU

International Debutant
Wonder how many dropped catches this time by England. In 2016 I think it was 20. Karun Nair got 303*

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The way the people are arguing about them is like the Monty Python 'Four Yorkshireman' sketch but instead of humour it is toecurlingly disgusting.

Can't wait for some cricket to start.
Yeah I apologise to the forum. Can't stop myself from responding to things at times.

As soon as it got raised to that I should have stopped.

cnerd123

likes this
What's the point of having a secretary whose daddy is right hand man to the prime minister if he can't get a visa pushed through. Weak.

I see it's finally been done. Nice. Goes to show they could have done it all along.

Last edited:

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
So we take on india at home with Leach, dodgy Wood, a leggy whose played 1 test and a debutant.
Seems incredibly risky. If they have to bowl first and the pitch behaves itself for the first 4 sessions,
we will be royally screwed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes I am not fully abreast of what has happened since the Mumbai attacks.

Still don't really see how questioning a third generation Pakistani who applied for his Visa 7 weeks ago denied entry is wrong. He'd not be getting called up to England for cricket if he was threat. Ben Stokes is more of a threat and your IPL sides have given him millions of pounds.

Your comment is false though. The UK experienced decades of terror attacks perpetrated by the IRA and has had other terror attacks following on from 2005(of which that is the most well known one) there was the Manchester arena bombing and London bridge attack only a few years ago, not like they've stopped. Just been lots thwarted.
Look, if the discussion is about why they could not expedit this kid's visa, there is a point to that discussion. And again, off hand comments that they saw him a terror threat does not help when its clearly not what happened. The process takes time and it took that time. Question is why was it not expedited? The Guardian says ECB asked BCCI who asked Govt and they did not help. I am not inclined to believe this story coz of the source. I already explained whom in that chain I would blame based on what steps each of them did/did not take. At this point, with no real proof available, I can only say, looking at the lazy headlines being allowed all over the media by the ECB, that maybe they do have some blame for this they wanna deflect. Again, that is not any proof or anything, just a gut feel based on everything I have read so far. I could well be wrong. But, leaving this aside...

If your question is, why do India need a strong security process for visa for people with Pak heritage when Pak based terrorist groups have staged multiple attacks on Indian soil with the help of overseas citizens with similar Pak heritage, then its a moot argument as its very obvious you know as much about India and what happens here as I do of what happens in the great walled city of York.

And this second part of this discussion is what ticked me off as its obvious inspite of what you guys wanna say, its not been the same experience for us and for you folks. And honestly, you should know better than talk about that side of this issue when the knowledge is so inadequate.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I think Root bowling is good enough for 3rd spinners. Should have selected one more Pacer
Agree. You need two seamers. Ideally Stokes would have been one of them. But given the situation they should have told Dawson he was definitely in the side, batted him at seven, then played Leach and Ahmed, and rotated Wood, Robinson and Jimmy.