• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I understand it is not right in an ideal world.
But in the world we live in, considering India's history with individuals of Pak origin holding foreign passports, there is reason to exercise extra caution. Nation security is above everything else.
But in 2016, England had Moeen, Adil Rashid and Zafar Ansari in their squad.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I think we can all agree that Root, Leach, Ahmed, Bashir would have been better than either, but England are now going to lose this Test solely as a result of Indian racism.

#moralvictors
Bashir becomes a better player each day he doesn't make his debut it seems to me ..

mackembhoy

International Debutant

Robinson the designated WK in the above links - surely that's an error?
Yeah Ollie Robinson is a fine keeper/batsman.

He's of course not the degenerate one that plays for England.

He plays for Durham after Kent inexplicably let him leave.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I feel you have to respect a country's regulations, besides India is a major stakeholder in international cricket, there is no way ECB would even think of severing ties with BCCI so no point even acting like England would not tour India, money talks and England tours.
You're right - there's no chance that England wouldn't tour India due to visa issues for a player.

However, that doesn't make the current situation right.

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
2 inexperienced spinners and a seamer who has to be used in 4 over spells or he gets injured. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off. (it won't)

Silver Silva

International Debutant
2 inexperienced spinners and a seamer who has to be used in 4 over spells or he gets injured. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off. (it won't)
It might work, it's such an outrageous attack that India might not know what to do, these bowlers have nothing to lose .