• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

ataraxia

International Coach
I understand it is not right in an ideal world.
But in the world we live in, considering India's history with individuals of Pak origin holding foreign passports, there is reason to exercise extra caution. Nation security is above everything else.
I think they can be fairly confident an English test cricketer is ok, hot take

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I understand it is not right in an ideal world.
But in the world we live in, considering India's history with individuals of Pak origin holding foreign passports, there is reason to exercise extra caution. Nation security is above everything else.
Bashir is a cricketer, these are high profile individuals that are in the public eye, common sense would actually improve national security, this treatment of innocent people just radicalizes the ones India should be worried about.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Bashir is a cricketer, these are high profile individuals that are in the public eye, common sense would actually improve national security, this treatment of innocent people just radicalizes the ones India should be worried about.
It's not about who they are. It's about full procedure set by government of india .

It is understood that his visa has been approved, but needs to be stamped into his passport at the Indian High Commission in the United Kingdom.”

ECB sent Bashir to UAE thinking they will get it stamped in a third country.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Say for example a more high profile player wasn't granted a visa in time for the first test, there would be uproar.

Imagine if the boot was on the other foot, and an Indian player wasn't allowed in another country because his parents hailed from a particular country, would the series go ahead, very unlikely.

India has the right to have whatever regulations it sees fit in terms of issuing visas.

But equally, visiting countries have the right to not tour if their chosen squad is not allowed into the country in time for the first test.
I feel you have to respect a country's regulations, besides India is a major stakeholder in international cricket, there is no way ECB would even think of severing ties with BCCI so no point even acting like England would not tour India, money talks and England tours.

Niall

International Coach
So who is keeping for India? Bharat gets compared to Saha a lot but that is a lazy take as the latter was an exceptional glovesman, Bharat on the other hand wasn't that impressive v Australia last year and is not much of a batsman.

Where is Ishy Kishy?

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Most likely playing eleven for first test
Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Iyer
Rahul
Bharat ( WK)
Jadeja
Axar Patel
Ravi Ashwin
Siraj
Bumrah

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Iyer bats 3 for Mumbai doesnt he? I wouldn't mind him moving up to 3 and letting gill bat a bit lower.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
2nd match for Lions v India A is under way.

England won the toss and decided to bat. However they've collapsed to 74/6.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
2nd match for Lions v India A is under way.

England won the toss and decided to bat. However they've collapsed to 74/6.
Gone with the extra batter too. So might be a slog from here with only 4 frontline bowlers. 111-7 so only the bowlers left, hopefully 3 Durham lads give a better account than the battere.

Looks like Mousley bowls offspin handily in white ball so he'll be the fifth bowler. Few other part timers in there with Jennings, Bohannon and Price.

Last edited:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Not sure why we're adopting "CryMore" instead of the far more succint CW terminology steeped in deep cultural and historic roots, the "waahhh"
Because some English journalist posted that on twitter and I asked the mods for it.

But yes more used term on CW.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
One seamer confirmed by England. Wood gets the nod.

Hartley makes his debut(wonder if that was going to be Bashir)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not about who they are. It's about full procedure set by government of india .

It is understood that his visa has been approved, but needs to be stamped into his passport at the Indian High Commission in the United Kingdom.”

ECB sent Bashir to UAE thinking they will get it stamped in a third country.
Seems very hard to believe as I obtained multiple visas for India from the UAE while travelling on a Australian passport and I seriously doubt that he’s the first cricketer to do it this way

Looks like arse covering by Indian authorities

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!