• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
Do we have any notion from reports about the pitches that they are playing on? Because they may not resemble much what they will play on next week.
Honestly, the way warm-up games seem to work these days (esp in India and often Australia) I would honestly take a flat warm-up pitch as a sign that the 1st Test is guaranteed to be on a hellish square turner.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Honestly, the way warm-up games seem to work these days (esp in India and often Australia) I would honestly take a flat warm-up pitch as a sign that the 1st Test is guaranteed to be on a hellish square turner.
Well put it this way, I would be hugely surprised if they had a flattish, slow turner like they did in Chennai for the first test three years ago.

Molehill

International Captain
Maybe that's why they've not bothered with a warm up as it will bare no resemblance to the First Test anyway.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I can see Jennings going the main squad if a top order batter gets injured. It could be argued he should be in it already.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Jennings should definitely be a backup opener if someone goes down. Bohannon getting runs is positive - we could do with some middle order depth.

Molehill

International Captain
Lions declare at 553-8. Not sure what Carson was doing batting at 10, but he smashed a 35 ball 50 at the end after Bohannon earlier completed his ton.

Let's see if the England bowlers can find any more life in the pitch...

Molehill

International Captain
Lions declare at 553-8. Not sure what Carson was doing batting at 10, but he smashed a 35 ball 50 at the end after Bohannon earlier completed his ton.

Let's see if the England bowlers can find any more life in the pitch...
The answer is that Matt Fisher can. India A 33-4 and Fisher has 4-14.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they are also the better team in Australia until Australia can prove otherwise, Aus has lost two home series in a row against India
Really? No **** ever talks about it on here. Cheers for reminding us all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So even at the level below tests they have a problem with over-rates.

No problems domestically but as soon as a national badge is on their breast they can't manage it.
Nearly 400 runs in a day not entertaining enough mate? Would you prefer the 50s and 60s when they'd bowl 90-100 overs in a day and sides would finish 2/190?

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Nearly 400 runs in a day not entertaining enough mate? Would you prefer the 50s and 60s when they'd bowl 90-100 overs in a day and sides would finish 2/190?
100 overs in a day would be good for England - mean they could get to a higher score before their mandatory Day 1 declaration.