• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Not sure if West Ham really good or Arsenal just really ****...

Same West Ham team that got hit for 5 two games ago. Nice

Socerer 01

International Captain
First time Moyes has won at the Emirates too
feels like Moyes is cashing in all of his bad luck from the Everton days with this West Ham team, they have had some jammy performances but still won

Jesus is useless in front of goal, Arsenal should be throwing everything they have at Osimhen before Mbappe’s decision forces one of PSG or Real to buy him

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
feels like Moyes is cashing in all of his bad luck from the Everton days with this West Ham team, they have had some jammy performances but still won

Jesus is useless in front of goal, Arsenal should be throwing everything they have at Osimhen before Mbappe’s decision forces one of PSG or Real to buy him
I think this West Ham team is the best that Moyes has ever had. They've managed to improve the side despite losing Rice and Antonio not being an option, which is a testament to their recruitment. They could sell any one of Bowen, Aguerd, Kudus, Alvarez, Paqueta for 50mil+ in the summer if they needed to.

As far as Arsenal goes, I don't think Osimhen wins them the league, nor do I think he's a target they could afford with FFP circling them after the Rice and Havertz purchases. PSG have Kolo Muani and Ramos so I don't see them getting Osimhen either.

From what I've seen of Arsenal the biggest issues is Zinchenko at LB (arguably he's 3rd choice here behind Timber and Tomiyasu, with Tierney still in the squad too). Zinchenko can't defend and its noticeable the impact of him inverting is having on Martinelli, who looks a shell of himself going forward. I can't see it being a position they address in January and unless Tomiyasu is back soon it will continue to cost them points.
The second biggest issue is LCM because Trossard isn't it. Havertz obviously the guy there when he's available but I still think that's a clear weakness in the side. Emil Smith-Rowe probably deserves more of a run but none of those three are best in class in the position.

I've also said it before but they are desperately missing Partey. Genuinely believe if they had him up to speed in this XI they'd be comfortably leading the league right now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this West Ham team is the best that Moyes has ever had. They've managed to improve the side despite losing Rice and Antonio not being an option, which is a testament to their recruitment. They could sell any one of Bowen, Aguerd, Kudus, Alvarez, Paqueta for 50mil+ in the summer if they needed to.

As far as Arsenal goes, I don't think Osimhen wins them the league, nor do I think he's a target they could afford with FFP circling them after the Rice and Havertz purchases. PSG have Kolo Muani and Ramos so I don't see them getting Osimhen either.

From what I've seen of Arsenal the biggest issues is Zinchenko at LB (arguably he's 3rd choice here behind Timber and Tomiyasu, with Tierney still in the squad too). Zinchenko can't defend and its noticeable the impact of him inverting is having on Martinelli, who looks a shell of himself going forward. I can't see it being a position they address in January and unless Tomiyasu is back soon it will continue to cost them points.
The second biggest issue is LCM because Trossard isn't it. Havertz obviously the guy there when he's available but I still think that's a clear weakness in the side. Emil Smith-Rowe probably deserves more of a run but none of those three are best in class in the position.

I've also said it before but they are desperately missing Partey. Genuinely believe if they had him up to speed in this XI they'd be comfortably leading the league right now.
They can have Patrick Bamford

Socerer 01

International Captain

West Ham are in a good place tbh Bowen is on a long deal and wants to stay there too. one of the others could leave but they should get good money for any of them like you say unless Paqueta gets banned

ffp will hinder their chances but Osimhen can win them the league, the type of chances Odegaard is creating recently is begging for any good finish and Osimhen can do even better. agreed on lb being their biggest issue as Zinchenko is being caught out too often, Havertz should eventually grow into that lcm role and be fine along with Vieira. Partey and Rice as double pivot and Odegaard as number 10 would have been scary

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely there's got to be some reason Poch keeps starting Nick Jackson over Nkunku because the gap between them is comical.
I wonder sometimes if these things are tactical by the manager to make boards do something, Chelsea probably still need at least another striker, if Nkunku plays and scores, maybe Boehily thinks, nah I've spent enough, you can make do.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wonder sometimes if these things are tactical by the manager to make boards do something, Chelsea probably still need at least another striker, if Nkunku plays and scores, maybe Boehily thinks, nah I've spent enough, you can make do.
Micky Adams re-registered Chris Shuker as a player four months after bragging that he had retired him, and immediately played him in the last game of the year. Tbf Shuker played well and we won but it was a clear message to Palios which was heard loud and clear and we signed about 27 players in January. And went down

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Micky Adams re-registered Chris Shuker as a player four months after bragging that he had retired him, and immediately played him in the last game of the year. Tbf Shuker played well and we won but it was a clear message to Palios which was heard loud and clear and we signed about 27 players in January. And went down
Tranmere gonna Tranmere...