• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hey @wpdavid which one of us is more worried right now?
Not so much worried in my case, more resigned to our increasingly likely fate. Extrapolate the bottom six teams' results over the last couple of months to the end of the season and we're gonners for sure. Remember when the preceived wisdom was that the three promoted sides and Bournemouth were so poor that nobody else needed to worry? Happy days. But Bournemouth are going great guns and Luton have won two in succession. Everton are in a false position due to the points deduction, but they look as though they'll be fine. I'm not sure what to make of Forest after just one game under their new manager, but he could hardly have made a better start. As for my lads, they look bereft of confidence at both ends of the pitch. I think the January transfer window will be vital, not just hoping that we could sign someone, but worried that some of our better players will take the bait this time.

As for Brentford, you're still missing loads of players aren't you? My guess is you'll be OK once they come back. And your manager is better than ours.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh yeah I have not actually gone past the 'mildly concerned' stage yet. Should have a whole load of players back come January.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if I would take our usual draw right now. Probably would all things considered.
I think you would, after four successive defeats and given the likely improvement in the new year. Palace, otoh, really need a win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Less boring lower midtable talk and more discussion of TRFC’s five left footed goals yesterday IMO

(Granted we are also now lower midtable. Phew!)

Niall

International Coach
Not sure if I would take our usual draw right now. Probably would all things considered.
At least in this predicament, I can't imagine Toney will leave unless he is an absolute berk and kicks up a fuss.

I think his suitors, himself and Brentford will be content to wait until Summer, so you should be comfortable IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
At least in this predicament, I can't imagine Toney will leave unless he is an absolute berk and kicks up a fuss.

I think his suitors, himself and Brentford will be content to wait until Summer, so you should be comfortable IMO.
Arsenal (if they're a suitor) need a striker.

Pothas

Would still back us to be fine without him really but summer definitely seems the most likely outcome. Jensen and Mbuemo injuries have just been a step too far, had coped really well up to that point.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Tin foil hat might be on but jeez that was a weird penalty decision in the City game. Natural body position aside, the ball was hit from about 2m away and the defender was falling.

Fair enough if they want to give those as penalties but they've been so inconsistent on it this season. That's the sort of decision that only City ever get.

Pothas

Tin foil hat might be on but jeez that was a weird penalty decision in the City game. Natural body position aside, the ball was hit from about 2m away and the defender was falling.

Fair enough if they want to give those as penalties but they've been so inconsistent on it this season. That's the sort of decision that only City ever get.
Haha what.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Apparently we are
Hope you guys cough up the money for him. Good player but I'm always suss on anyone who spend extended periods away from the game at the top level. Without knowing what sort of training he's been doing I can't imagine he'll be the Toney of last season and may take some time to get up to speed.

Personally feel as if Arsenal's biggest issues are LB and GK.

Pothas

Think Toney will be pretty much straight on it. Is not like he is coming back from serious injury and he is one of 'prove everyone wrong' sort of characters.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh yeah we all know the handball thing is a total mess but the idea that 'only City' get that sort of decision is patently ridiculous.
Ref was so quick to award it. Obviously I'm exaggerating to some extent, but I genuinely believe if that was at the other end of the field the ref either doesn't give it or VAR overturn it based on the proximity of the shot.

Everton did well I thought, the decision basically ended the contest.