• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Saw that, and at a rough conversion that's $2.7M NZD, almost enough for a 10% deposit on a house in Auckland.

Joking aside fair play. Dude's been a champion for a good 2-3 years now.
Yep, it makes sense as he's a big moments player. And I like it as an NZ fan because he still cares in all formats for us. I won't watch it because I abhor the IPL but I hope he goes well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well deserved and life-changing money for Mitchell. Just hope he doesn't end up playing so much cricket he gets stale, like Conway arguably is at the moment.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Guessing NZC has moved on from Tickner? From making all sides last summer (or so) he hasn't been included in a squad, let alone a playing XI, in how long?

Heboric

International Debutant
Proteas Test squad for New Zealand tour:
Neil Brand (captain, Titans), David Bedingham (Western Province), Ruan de Swardt (North West Dragons), Clyde Fortuin (Rocks), Zubayr Hamza (Lions), Tshepo Moreki (Lions), Mihlali Mpongwana (Western Province), Duanne Olivier (Lions), Dane Paterson (Western Province), Keegan Petersen (Rocks), Dane Piedt (Knights), Raynard van Tonder (North West Dragons), Shaun von Berg (Rocks) and Khaya Zondo (Dolphins)

Flem274*

123/5
It's a lot better than we were lead to believe imo.

Bedingham, Hamza, Oliver, Paterson, Petersen, Piedt and Zondo are all names I recognise.

I thought they were sending the equivalent of what we would send if Super Smash took precedence. The classic NZ XI.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It's a lot better than we were lead to believe imo.

Bedingham, Hamza, Oliver, Paterson, Petersen, Piedt and Zondo are all names I recognise.

I thought they were sending the equivalent of what we would send if Super Smash took precedence. The classic NZ XI.
Same. But tbh I've only heard of / seen Zondo (especially) and perhaps Hamza due to quotas.