• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

ataraxia

International Coach
Yessssss

It's unironically better to get smashed over 4 tests than smashed over 3 (and winning one test is more likely than not)

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Honestly, I'm a bit peeved about losing half the 2026-7 home season to both Australia & Pakistan. It's just as well India is touring that season; at least the bills will be paid.

I've always theorised that the Test team will be "rebuilt" in the 2025-7 cycle. Now I fear that the "oldies" will try to hang around for that series. It's only a vague comfort that Australia is probably rebuilding around that time as well. I don't know what's worse: sending a bunch of guys who are past it or sending in a bunch of inexperienced guys to a potential slaughter.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd love to know what Scotty Stevenson is for & who actually rates him.

Never played cricket from what I can tell, states the bleeding obvious & just repeats the other commentators talking points, all while looking like Mr Magoo.

One of life's mysteries.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Never played cricket from what I can tell, states the bleeding obvious & just repeats the other commentators talking points, all while looking like Mr Magoo.

One of life's mysteries.
From all reports, is an incredibly nice guy and a really enjoyable guy to work with.

I didn't enjoy the times he suggested there should be a deep third man to a spinner, or copied what the other guy said...but he is reasonably articulate and it's impossible to get dropped as a commentator if you're a good person. Actually it's impossible to get dropped even if you're a terrible person. But they should keep him as the bare bones presenter and ball-by-ball 'Player X bowls, Player Z slaps it to the fence' sort of guy, and asks the questions of the talent, then gets the hell out the way.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Incidentally I don't know why modern sports commentary requires one panel member to wear a cheese cutter at all times, but it's their call.

I guess we have to live with the fact that we don't always get the best XI in our cricket sides, and we definitely don't get the best calling teams for reasons of gender equality, status quo, inner sanctum etc. Not sure what is unique about the style of the commentary team or why the White Ferns is a 'perfect opening' to a bumper season, but there you go.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

One of life's mysteries.
Its odd, isn't it. Brendan jullian in Aus is guilty of most of this but he atleast played a few games for AUS and is good looking.