• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The idea that you have to be seen to be a **** on field, or that ignoring someone prone on the ground will make you more competitive and bowl the next ball quicker or more accurately, is the most laughably pathetic thing I've ever heard.
That is indeed a pretty dumb idea, could you please quote where it was suggested?

I'm under no illusions that this isn't a popular point of view, but don't misrepresent me.

Flem274*

123/5
That is indeed a pretty dumb idea, could you please quote where it was suggested?

I'm under no illusions that this isn't a popular point of view, but don't misrepresent me.
Overtly getting your elbows out isn't really accepted in the highly competitive* side of our culture, only covert moves with a smile. The only exceptions are older males in senior positions talking/yelling at people in junior positions. Those guys in turn though will get on their knees to start glugging the moment a bigger dog enters the room.

*specifying because I know many people are content to just do their thing on field or in the workplace.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
It is paywalled, but Adrian Seconi (ODT) has gone with youth in predicting this as a team for 2027:

Phillips, Allen, Ravindra, Foxcroft, Severin, Chapman, Shipley, Chu, Santner, Jamieson, O'Rourke. Ashok (12th man)

Not bad
That looks much better than the one on stuff I think? Which just had everyone clinging on for another tournament into their mid-40s lol.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
It is paywalled, but Adrian Seconi (ODT) has gone with youth in predicting this as a team for 2027:

Phillips, Allen, Ravindra, Foxcroft, Severin, Chapman, Shipley, Chu, Santner, Jamieson, O'Rourke. (Ashok 12th man)

Not bad
It is missing the most promising player younger than Ravindra, though.

Albeit, he hasn't played a single List A yet. But then neither has Severin.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It is missing the most promising player younger than Ravindra, though.

Albeit, he hasn't played a single List A yet. But then neither has Severin.
He mentions Abbas in the article and notes Severin hasn't played list a. Also mentions that Conway and Mitchell and even Henry haven't got as many miles in their legs internationally as Williamson and Tim Trent.

Also is Abbas more promising than Ashok and O'Rourke?

Last edited:

RMBolton

U19 Debutant

Phillips, Allen, Ravindra, Foxcroft, Severin, Chapman, Shipley, Chu, Santner, Jamieson, O'Rourke. (Ashok 12th man)

Not bad
Is it weird that I don't rate Jamieson as a One Day bowler? I'd have Duffy, Randell, even O'Rourke.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So that's 2026/27? Followed by 150th anniversary Tests against England? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

What's our XI likely to look like then? Let's see how horribly wrong I can get it 3 years out...1. Conway 2. Ravindra 3. Kane 4. Young 5. Mitchell 6. Phillips 7. Blundell 8. Jamieson 9. Henry 10. Ashok 11. O'Rourke