• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Maxwell ..He's kind of like a legend now isn't he ? Not the conventional legend , but 3 World Cup wins and pulling out near impossible victories outta nowhere in the space of a month is just unbelievable..

He's one player whom stats will never tell you how mercurial he was when his playing days are done
Boosted greatly by the SteveNZ 'he's not that good' anti-curse, pre World Cup. It's incredible to think how many players have benefitted from this shot in the arm for their careers.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Behrendorff has been a special bowler for a while. Real shame he had to give up proper cricket. He's barely even been fit for white-ball stuff lately

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not even about not having variety. Where will he get the control from? He can have 100 varieties but if can't execute what's the point?
Absolute basics is missing no point focusing on the next level.
It's not like you are defending 8 runs and you need every ball executed perfectly. When 2 out of 6 balls executed perfectly would've sealed it, if you can't even deliver that playing for your country, I don't know what can be expected of this loser.
This is why at the end of the day the best "old school" style Test cricketers still tend to become the most reliable big game white ball cricketers too. It's far easier for a quality consistent bowler who can be trusted to actually deliver the intended ball on demand to learn all the tricks and tactics required for high level white ball cricket, than it is for a fundamentally rubbish bowler who nevertheless gimmicks his way into a decent franchise record to learn how to execute on demand. That requires consistency and repeatability which is ultimately what red ball cricket optimises for.

But yeah the bloke is just... not good. Even in the first game it seemed like his stock delivery was the long hop. I can't fathom what the Indian setup, which is otherwise pretty good at talent ID, sees in him.

Qlder

International Debutant
Trying to figure out who is actually in the Aussie T20 Squad now

Left Tour
Spencer Johnson, David Warner, Sean Abbott, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Steven Smith, Adam Zampa

Added to Tour
Kane Richardson, Josh Phillipe, Ben McDermott, Ben Dwarshuis, Chris Green

Remaining Original Squad
Travis Head, Matthew Short, Aaron Hardie, Tim David, Matthew Wade (+), Nathan Ellis, Jason Behrendorff, Tanveer Sangha

So squad down to 13 for last 2 games

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does he have more than 2?

Edit: I think he has 3 actually. 2 recently and a 49-ball T20 ton v Sri Lanka in 2016
Yeah just 3. I actually thought his 2015 WC ton was under 50 as well but it just misses out

And he got 113* off 55 against India in 2019, but not sure when he crossed 100 how many balls he was on

If we extend it to sub 60 ball tons, it shoots up to 6(all 4 t20i tons plus 2/4 ODI ones.

Which you'd think is miles ahead of the next best

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is why at the end of the day the best "old school" style Test cricketers still tend to become the most reliable big game white ball cricketers too. It's far easier for a quality consistent bowler who can be trusted to actually deliver the intended ball on demand to learn all the tricks and tactics required for high level white ball cricket, than it is for a fundamentally rubbish bowler who nevertheless gimmicks his way into a decent franchise record to learn how to execute on demand. That requires consistency and repeatability which is ultimately what red ball cricket optimises for.

But yeah the bloke is just... not good. Even in the first game it seemed like his stock delivery was the long hop. I can't fathom what the Indian setup, which is otherwise pretty good at talent ID, sees in him.
He is one of the few actually tall seamers we have. And he did well in ODIs in RSA bowling in the middle overs, getting bounce and swing.

How TF they decided that translates to T20 new ball and death bowling, only VVS can tell. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think from an Aussie PoV, they are playing what they may think is their first choice 4-7 in Maxi, Stoinis, David, Wade. C

I suppose it goes something like this, their best XI -

Warner
Head/Smith
Marsh/Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
David
Wade
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

TheJediBrah

Maxi is the only 1 who should be first choice

Inglis would have probably gone past Wade as keeper now

David and Stoinis shouldn't even be close

Burgey

I think from an Aussie PoV, they are playing what they may think is their first choice 4-7 in Maxi, Stoinis, David, Wade. C

I suppose it goes something like this, their best XI -

Warner
Head/Smith
Marsh/Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
David
Wade
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood
Be interesting to see if they persist with Smith opening once Warner retires or whether they move Marsh up to open with Head and maybe bat the Boot Licker at three.