• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Is there a thread for 2024 IPL stuff? I'm just gonna post it here cause I can't find anything. RCB's managment confuse me so much.

They bought hasaranga for a ton of money when they had chahal, binned chahal, then used hasaranga exactly like chahal despite the fact he could bat well as a 5/6 high SR player. Now they've binned there entire overseas bowling lineup (including hasaranga) and harshal (makes sense given how he went last season) so they could buy Cameron Green off MI, who's only ever made runs batting top 3 in t20, with the explicit purpose of using him as a middle order bat???

It's so stupid I really can't describe it. Like, you already had hasaranga who made a ton of runs batting higher up in the LPL. Why get rid of him to pick cam green? Now you've got a kid who's never made runs in the middle order and has shown no signs of being a good t20 bowler, and you have to find an Indian spinner????

FYI, this is the same franchise who had Tim David, who MI are now paying over a million a year, on a cheap as hell contract 2 seasons ago, and yet they binned him off after 1 bad game where noene made runs. If you want a middle order pace bowling allrounder why not just buy Dan Sam's, who's a ton cheaper, has made runs in the middle order in the BBL and Blast over the past few years, and has actually taken t20 wickets. FFS you could have spent 60-70% of what you spent on green on hasaranga+Sam's and had enough money left over to buy a few decent Indian bowlers, or holder as a backup.

:ph34r:

AdelaideStrikers84

Cricket Spectator
The T20 series is a complete joke and waste of time. Would rather see the players in the Shield getting valuable red ball practice for the home Test summer.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"One of the things we had in our planning coming into this series was to have a look at Steve (Smith) up the top and we've had a chance to do that now," stand-in head coach Andre Borovec said after the second match. "We've been extremely happy with the intent that he's shown with the bat, (I) couldn't fault it actually."

Have they been watching the same games? Smith was struggling to get bat on ball while Inglis was teeing off on the other end. Somehow managed to eek out a few boundaries at the end and get to a better SR but that was not a good look.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The T20 series is a complete joke and waste of time. Would rather see the players in the Shield getting valuable red ball practice for the home Test summer.
They be flown in Josh Philippe to play . . . who just got dropped from the WA side because of poor red ball form?

Now big names Ben Dwarshuis and C Green (the wrong one, who chucks) are in the squad.

Jfc can you imagine that Ben Dwarshuis will be an Australian international capped player

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"One of the things we had in our planning coming into this series was to have a look at Steve (Smith) up the top and we've had a chance to do that now," stand-in head coach Andre Borovec said after the second match. "We've been extremely happy with the intent that he's shown with the bat, (I) couldn't fault it actually."

Have they been watching the same games? Smith was struggling to get bat on ball while Inglis was teeing off on the other end. Somehow managed to eek out a few boundaries at the end and get to a better SR but that was not a good look.
Pretty obvious that management goes out of its way not to criticise the senior players

Smith was crap in the first 2 games and that should be the end of his t20i career

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They be flown in Josh Philippe to play . . . who just got dropped from the WA side because of poor red ball form?

Now big names Ben Dwarshuis and C Green (the wrong one, who chucks) are in the squad.

Jfc can you imagine that Ben Dwarshuis will be an Australian international capped player
Forget state cricket, Kane Richardson doesn’t even play club stuff anymore

Spark

Global Moderator

Yeah his innings in the first game was honestly kind of bad. It was good that he got a decent score but he also ate up a whole bunch of dot balls early and that may have been the difference between the 207 or whatever it was they got and the match-winning 230 that India put up in the next game, which clearly is what was needed.

Qlder

International Debutant
Wow, Hardie opening

This series becomes more of a joke with Smith, Abbott and Zampa now finished with the tour, while Inglis, Maxwell and Stoinis will finish after this game.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, Hardie opening

This series becomes more of a joke with Smith, Abbott and Zampa now finished with the tour, while Inglis, Maxwell and Stoinis will finish after this game.
Wait what's the batting lineup, lol? Where taking the absolute piss if hardie is opening.