• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Does Stoinis bat down the order for his IPL franchise? I am nowhere near opposed to his selection in T20s as one dayers but he still feels unsuited for batting 5 and below to me.
He was batting 4/5 for LSG in the IPL. I think he is good value at 4 tbh, if you wanna bat him as high as possible and push Maxi down to 5.

Socerer 01

International Captain
He was batting 4/5 for LSG in the IPL. I think he is good value at 4 tbh, if you wanna bat him as high as possible and push Maxi down to 5.
nah Maxi is much better as a batsman and hence should bat ahead of him, David is fine at 5. he’s one of the best hitters in t20 leagues across the world and should be in the team as much as this forum dunks on him

wait when did David play for LSG again

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell is light years above Stoinis

He makes a useful score at a very high strike rate once or twice per year which fools people into believing that he’s actually good when he’s really average

Guy would be lucky to get a game for his hometown BBL franchise

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
As pointed out by Nintendo, David's fielding is abysmal. One of Australia's strengths in the ODI Final was brilliant fielding. Can we afford passengers in the field in the T20 format?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As pointed out by Nintendo, David's fielding is abysmal. One of Australia's strengths in the ODI Final was brilliant fielding. Can we afford passengers in the field in the T20 format?
The good thing is he is very tall which means he gets to more balls than others might, and can be useful esp. as a boundary rider in T20s. So even if he is not great, he can still be more useful than your average bad fielder.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The good thing is he is very tall which means he gets to more balls than others might, and can be useful esp. as a boundary rider in T20s.
I assume you mean for high catches only, that he might get to that shorter guys won't, which is a pretty niche situation that is going to happen very rarely.

Warner, a much shorter guy, is far quicker across the turf and will get to way more balls along the ground (or in the air for that matter) than a lummox like David will.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I see Indian cricket fans are calling on Modi to ban Mitch Marsh from playing in or entering India after a picture of him (Marsh) with his feet resting on the World Cup was revealed. Some are calling the trophy 'sacred' and Shami said the image upset him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I see Indian cricket fans are calling on Modi to ban Mitch Marsh from playing in or entering India after a picture of him (Marsh) with his feet resting on the World Cup was revealed. Some are calling the trophy 'sacred' and Shami said the image upset him.
I think it was a bit insensitive from MMarsh but these reactions are just salty af on our fans part tbh. They can do what they want with the trophy they won. Lol

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian cricket fan reactions over the last week have been incredibly entertaining

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If you don't want Marsh's feet on the trophy then win it. India now has proper motivation.
This about sums it up for me. It's not the Mona Lisa, it's a sports trophy. India acting like it's a sacred deity when they've won it once in my lifetime, and I'm 40.